Pay R550 for a one-day stained glass course at Stained Glass Academy, valued at R1100 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a one-day stained-glass course
- Includes all the materials needed to make a lampshade
- Course includes a light lunch
- Exciting new hobby
- Highly experienced instructors
- Friendly environment
- Groupon redeemable for 6 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 051 444 2327
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Groupon valid Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 17:00
There are too many things kids can do that adults can’t; selling overpriced jewellery made of stray rocks, not being judged for tasting the pink play-doh or smearing the walls with ketchup, mustard and some sticky green substance and calling it art. Reclaim some of your childhood and reconnect with your artistic side with a one-day stained glass course at Stained Glass Academy for R550.
As fun as food-flavoured art would be, the course at Stained Glass Academy doesn’t involve cavorting with condiments and window-panes. One of the largest stockists and retailers of stained-glass products in South Africa, they’re more serious about their work than most people are about their morning coffee. With many years creating custom stained-glass art, from Tiffany lamps to huge windows depicting the epic battle between Long-Cat and Ceiling-Cat, they have enough knowledge and know-how to fill an entire set of Encyclopaedia Britannica.
The one-day course will take you step by step through all the aspects of starting your stained-glass adventure and provide you with all the materials you need to make a lamp. Expert instructors all but hold your hand through all the copperfoiling and colour-matching to create an artistic gift for your house or your friend, or your friend’s house. With the skills you pick up in the short and learning intensive course, you might even be able to pimp your car with some stained glass, though most people wouldn’t suggest it.
Seeing as creating masterpieces is hunger-inducing work, tame your rumbling belly with a light lunch so you can keep steady hands and focus.
This Fact Will Not Stain: A deleted scene from one of the Star Wars movies shows Darth Vader and Yoda creating floral wellingtons with glass-staining techniques.