Best of April: Risotto and Wine or a Burger and CBC Lager at Peter Tempelhoff’s Mondiall Kitchen & Bar
- A joint venture between acclaimed Relais and Châteaux Grand Chef Peter Tempelhoff and international restaurateur Patrick Symington
- Wine list features some of South Africa’s top labels as well as a select choice of international wines
- Extensive cocktail menu, as well as spirits and craft beers available
- International menu, featuring a contemporary spin on timeless classics
Without gourmet restaurants, people would be doomed to a life of licking pages from fancy food magazines. Tantalise your palate with a risotto meal with a glass of wine, or 200g Wagyu burger with a pint of CBC Weissbier or CBC Lager for up to six people at Tempelhoff’s Mondiall Kitchen & Bar
Choose between these options:
- Pay R190 for a risotto meal with a glass of wine, or 200g Wagyu burger with a pint of CBC Weissbier or CBC Lager for two people, valued at R380
- Pay R381 for a risotto meal with a glass of wine, or 200g Wagyu burger with a pint of CBC Weissbier or CBC Lager for four people, valued at R780
- Pay R552.54 for a risotto meal with a glass of wine, or 200g Wagyu burger with a pint of CBC Weissbier or CBC Lager for six people, valued at R1 170
Peter Tempelhoff tantalises diners with a choice of deliciously prepared meals, paired with either a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Designed to whet appetites for more of what Mondiall has to offer, diners choose between a 200g Wagyu Beef Burger with all the fixings, topped with Umami Ketchup and accompanied by a side of golden brown fries and a pint of CBC Weissbier or CBC Lager, or Butternut and Goat's Cheese Risotto with red pepper and sun blanched tomato pesto, courgettes, and pumpkin seeds served with a glass of red or white wine.
More About Peter Tempelhoff’s Mondiall Kitchen & Bar
All set to become the Cape Town’s hottest new dining destination and social hub Mondiall Kitchen & Bar is the fruit of a collaboration between Peter Tempelhoff, Executive Chef of ‘The Collection by Liz McGrath’ and Patrick Symington of Café Dharma and Asoka fame. Diners are first enthralled by the main floor, decked out in classic style with black leather, antiqued mirrors and herringbone pattern textile, with Tempelhoff’s kitchen flowing naturally into the central dining area. Bedecked with small, elegant touches, like the shutters especially imported from a demolished plantation in Argentina, Mondiall hearkens back to a more elegant time. Laid out in in back-to-back banquet style, using tobacco colour leather, light herringbone and a lightly tanned timber, the dining room is offset by the long bar area, which extends onto a wraparound deck with café style seating.
The exclusive menu features timeless classics, reinvented to suit the restaurant’s modern style, and lovingly crafted by an all star kitchen staff headed up by Peter Tempelhoff, Head Chef Oliver Cattermole and Sous Chef Jodie Carolus. Stamping culinary passports, the menu transports diners from France and Austria via Sweden and England, all the way to Japan, the US and South America. The wine list, complimenting the extensive menu beautifully, features some of South Africa’s top labels as well as a select choice of international wines. Prosecco and Champagne labels are also available, while cocktail fans are also catered to with a 13 strong Martini list, including the exclusive Mondiall Martini, as well as classic and neo-classic cocktails, a wide selection of spirits and craft beers.