Pay R75 for two tickets to Oktober Bierfest in Cape Town, valued at R150 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on two tickets to Oktober Bierfest in Cape Town
- Live oompah band
- Authentic Fraulein waitresses
- Drink beer, feast and be merry
- Safe transport options provided
- Authentic German atmosphere
- 3 days of beer packed German festivities
- Groupon valid for Cape Town Oktober Bierfest only: Friday, 30 September 2011, 2:30 to 22:30; Saturday,1 October 2011, 12:00 to 22:30 and Sunday, 2 October 2011, 12:00 to 19:00
- Groupon only valid for two single entrance tickets
- Groupon redeemable here - find applicable link
- Important: Purchase currency (crowns) here to be used at Bierfest
- Groupon does not include beverages
- Suggested: utilise the safe transport options advertised here
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Limited number available
Changing your name from Matt to Malt, having recurring dreams about turning water into beer, and trying to incorporate an oompah sound into your punk band - are all signs that you need some Oktober Bierfest in your life. Pay R75 for two tickets to Cape Town’s first Oktober Bierfest and be merry with today’s Groupon.
There’s just something about Oktober Fest that lift’s ones spirits. Whether it’s the large welcoming hall with the delicious spread, the pretty Frauleins juggling brimming drafts or the opportunity to celebrate the miraculous malt this is beer; it’s about time South Africa got its own Bierfest.
For those who’ve been living under a dry rock, the festival is a recreation of one of the most famous events in Germany, the annual Oktober Fest, a celebration which has been held in Munich, Germany since 1801. So cue the images of huge halls, wooden benches, Frauleins with oversized trays of beer and a live oompah band – all which will be at Cape Town’s Oktober Bierfest.
From 29 September 2011 until 1 October, the Newlands Brewery Village Green will open its distinguished doors to a Bavarian banquet brimming with feasts and fun. The authentic Bavarian Bier hall will greet you with authentic themed draping and décor and enough ambiance to make the Grinch crack a smile. Enjoy a variety of different malts crafted by brew masters from South African Breweries Limited – South Africa’s finest producer of local and international beer – and get into the spirit with a live oompah band. Tuck into a feast of authentic Bavarian fare ranging from Bratwurst and cold meats to sauerkraut, pretzels, pork knuckles and roasts. Now everybody sing oompah-pah oompah-pah that’s how it goes…
Beer fact: It’s been noted by the Mental Health and Beverages Institution of Germany that delusions and knee-jerking is most evident in those who have not had beer for two days.