Pay R95 for a full Caribbean platter for two and two cocktails at Trenchtown, valued at R200 (save 52%)
- Save 55% on a full Caribbean platter for two and two cocktails
- Includes calamari, coco locos, ribs, jerk wings and Cuban flat-bread
- Cocktail Happy-Hour between 17:00 and 18:00 every evening
- Three different sections with different atmosphere
- All major sporting events showed on the large screen TVs
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Booking essential: 021 448 0516/ email@example.com
- Groupon not valid for Tuesdays
- Groupon not valid for takeaways
- Excludes ‘Energy’ and ‘Classic’ cocktails
While a visit to the land of rum, reggae and Rastafarians falls quite high on the bucket lists of some people, the mountain of cash you’d have to shell out to get there would be enough to give most people nightmares. Get your own taste of irie culture without the bad dreams or having to attempt a transatlantic trip on a raft made of walruses with a Caribbean platter for two and two cocktails at Trenchtown for R95.
Some nights out are destined for candle-lit restaurants, or snuggling on a cosy couch in some even cosier bistro, but one step into Trenchtown will blow any thoughts of a dull, tender evening right out of the water. The charming black-sheep of the Caribbean Brand family, the vibe at Trenchtown is crazier than Bob Marley’s hair on a windy day, and far more appealing. With its own beach, bar and place to watch sports, Trenchtown is the perfect party venue for a night of painting the town green and black. Unlike the dark and disco-lit clubs of hazy-nights past, Trenchtown comes with home-style Island cooking that’s jerk-spiced and an atmosphere that’s equal parts chilled and get-up-and-dance.
Hit the main bar area to watch some pirates of the Orlando variety back-tackling each other for a black-and-white ball, or do some kicking of your own and kick-back on the beach section to catch some sun. Wherever you decide to park yourself, the Caribbean platter will keep you entertained even if the soccer isn't. With crispy calamari rings, ribs and Cuban flat-bread, not to mention the coco locos – crumbed and deep-fried Jalapenos stuffed with feta – is enough to tantalise even the boldest taste-buds. Top everything off with a cocktail like the startling Volcano or add some more spice with the Bahama Mama.
After the last crumbs have been cleared away and the cocktail glass contains nothing but melted ice, there’s no need to pack your things and leave straight away. More at home on Observatory’s Station Road, Trenchtown provides the same chilled party vibe as the buildings two previous tenants, giving Obz a new go-to venue for a festive night of reggae-fuelled revelry.
Jerk-spiced Fact: The traditional Caribbean art of jerk-spicing food was originally invented by the same little old woman who is also famous for living in a shoe.