- Own blankets may be brought
- Environmentally-friendly wines rooted in tradition and artisan techniques
- Scenic surroundings
- Manor House named a National Monument
Valid until 22 March 2014; Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:30, Saturday from 10:00 to 16:00 and Sunday from 10:30 to 15:30. Reservation required two days in advance: 021 903 6273/4 or e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation policy applies. No-shows forfeit Groupon. R100 deposit on collecting of picnic basket, refunded when you return the basket and accessories. No outside drinks or food may be brought in. No loud music. Weather permitting. Pictures displayed are a representation. Subject to availability.
Choose between these options:
- Pay R167 for a wine tasting, picnic and a glass of wine each for two people, valued at R335
- Pay R301 for a wine tasting, picnic and a glass of wine each for four people, valued at R670
- Pay R402 for a wine tasting, picnic and a glass of wine each for six people, valued at R1 005
Simple sippers and aspiring sommeliers alike gather at Mooiplaas to sample a range of environmentally-friendly wines rooted in tradition and artisan techniques. After educating palates, bellies are catered to with a packed picnic basket and a glass of wine, which can be enjoyed in the scenic surroundings.
Mooiplaas offers Victorian style gourmet picnics hosted at the renovated historic stables and surrounding gardens. The baskets contain a selection of homemade preserves, freshly baked bread, locally produced cheese selection and charcuterie, fruit and dessert treats.
More about Mooiplaas Wine Estate
Dating back to 1806, Mooiplaas Wine Estate and Private Nature Reserve boasts a pristine natural beauty and a Manor House that was declared a National Monument. Surrounded by vineyards which lay on the steep slopes of ancient mineral rich soils in the cool, sunny Bottelary Hills of Stellenbosch, the estate makes a picturesque location for a day in the sun.