Pay R49 for a fly fishing day-pass OR R199 for a day-pass, 45-minute intro lesson and equipment hire for one person OR R349 for the same for two people at Fly Talk (save up to 61%)
- Save up to 61% on fly fishing
- Either a fly fishing day-pass OR a day-pass, 45-minute introductory lesson and equipment hire for one or two people
- Groupon includes 10% discount on all purchases and 50% discount on a day-pass for your follow up visit
- Stocked with many popular angling species
- Scenic location - the beautiful Eikendal Wine Estate
- Introductory lessons perfect to get acquainted with the sport
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 855 2646
- Open Monday to Sunday, 8:00 to 17:00
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Normal rates per kilogram apply to fish not treated as catch-and-release
Fishing can be compared to many things. It can be compared to parenthood because it requires extensive patience and skill with holding your breath – it can be compared to fishing for complements, because both require the right bait, and the right line, or to ballet because both require grace and impeccable timing. Accept the fact that there’s nothing quite like fly fishing and save up to 61% on fly fishing day passes, lessons and equipment hire for one or two people at Fly Talk on the beautiful Eikendal Wine Estate.
With all the season hustle-and-bustle of tinselling trees, traipsing through shopping malls and gift-wrapping sprees, sometimes it can be good to get out of the house for a while and out into the great outdoors. If that great outdoors just happens to the banks of Eikendal Dam on the wine estate of the same name, all the better. Stocked to bursting with rainbow and brown trout and all the other popular angling species, the Eikendal Dam provides a scenic and exciting location for catching your next release. You can bring your own equipment, or pop down to the fully-equipped store on the farm to kit you out for a laid-back day on the water’s edge.
Of course, if you know as much about fly fishing as most people know about talking Klingon, the forty-five minute introductory lesson is perfect for introducing apprentice anglers to the finer arts of casting, equipment setup and other vital bits of trade info. Once you’ve introduced yourself to the basics of knot-tying, casting and familiarised yourself with fly and fish as well as rod and line, today’s Groupon will kit you out with all the equipment you need to cast your line and reel in a winner. Enjoy a day out on the dam with nothing but your lure and the fresh air to keep you company, or take along a buddy or beau and swap stories about the fish (or gal) that got away while you wait for one of the jumpers to bite.
Fishy Fact: A little bald doctor found a fly-fishing rod on the internet which he used as a hook for reaching items on his highest shelves. This worked for him until the rod bent whilst he was trying to take down his twenty-disc collection of love-songs.