Pay R1185 for a corporate booking for 6 people with meals and unlimited bier OR pay R37.50 for a day ticket to the Oktober Bierfest public event (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a corporate booking for 6 OR per person for the public day
- Pay R1185 for a group booking of six (R197.50 per person) for Thursday 29 September 2011, valued at R2370
- Or pay R37.50 for day entrance to the public event for one person on Sunday 2 October 2011, valued at R75
- Corporate booking includes entry, 2-course meal with starter platter and main course, unlimited bier and entertainment
- Starter platter includes Griebenschmalz, Obatzda and smoked Leberwurst German pickle, freshly baked large salted pretzels
- Main includes grilled Brockwurst and Bratwurst with traditional German mustard, traditional German Sauerkraut, mashed potato and gravy
- Set in an authentic Bavarian bier hall
- Bier served in giant 1L glass steins
- Seven-piece Oompah band and mainstream entertainment line-up
- Plenty of bier, traditional games and activities and gorgeous German Frauleins
- Corporate event Groupon redeemable on Thursday 29 September 2011
- Day ticket Groupon redeemable for public event on Sunday 2 October 2011
- Groupon redeemable at www.itickets.co.za
- One Groupon per person, additional available to purchase as gifts
- Redemption upon presentation of Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Public event Groupon valid for entrance for one person
- Public event Groupon does not include meals or bier
- Groupon for corporate event must be purchased in tables of 6 or 12
Changing your name from Matt to Malt, having recurring dreams about turning water into beer, and trying to incorporate an oompah sound into your punk band - are all signs that you need some Oktober Bierfest in your life. Live it up in style and pay R1185 for a group booking of no less than six people for the Oktober Bierfest corporate event or pay R37.50 for a day ticket to the Oktober Bierfest public event.
There’s just something about Oktober Fest that lift’s ones spirits. Whether it’s the large Bavarian-style bier hall with a delicious spread, the pretty Frauleins juggling brimming drafts or the opportunity to celebrate the miraculous malt that is bier; it’s about time South Africa got its own Bierfest.
For those who’ve been living under a dry rock, the festival is a recreation of one of the most famous events in Germany, the annual Oktober Fest, a celebration which has been held in Munich, Germany since 1801. So cue the images of huge halls, wooden benches able to seat 2000, Frauleins with oversized trays of bier and a seven-piece live oompah band – all which will be at Cape Town’s Oktober Bierfest.
On the 29 September 2011 the Newlands Brewery Village Green will open
its distinguished doors to the special corporate event that is a 2000-seater Bavarian
banquet brimming with feasts and fun. Enjoy the three Bavarian style biers crafted by the brew masters from South African Breweries Limited – South Africa’s finest producer of local and international bier – and get into the spirit with a seven-piece live oompah band. Corporate booking Groupon-holders will be privy to a Brauhaus package consisting of a two-course meal, unlimited bier and heaps of entertainment. With Bavarian-styled bier served in 1L glass steins, your party of 6 or 12 will have ample amounts of the crisp, foamy refreshment to wash down the delicious German feat ahead. Tuck into starter platters comprised of Griebenschmalz, Obatzda and Smoked Leberwurst German pickle, radish, pickled onion, cocktail tomatoes and freshly baked large salted pretzels. The feast continues with a scrumptious main course of grilled Bockwurst and bratwurst with traditional German mustard and other German favourites like Sauerkraut. Groupon holders are also invited to take part in the traditional games and activities set in the authentically
themed Bavarian hall with enough ambiance to make the Grinch crack a
For a day ticket to the public event on Sunday, 2 October 2011, Groupon grippers will be able to enjoy a more laid back, but just as bier-licious Oktober Fest at the Newlands Brewery Village Green. Here they’ll be able to purchase delicious German cuisine, merchandise and bier; but the fun, of course, comes for free. Now everybody sing oompah-pah oompah-pah that’s how it goes…
Beer fact: The Oktober Bierfest that’s held annually in North Dakota has gone through many controversial name changes. Due to poor translation, the event was originally named Troll mit wilden Haaren; it was later discovered that instead of “great beverage festival” this meant “troll with wild hair”.