Pay R149 for 2 smoked eisbein with crispy crackling, served with shoestring fries, sweet mustard and a bottle of Sweetwell Cabernet Sauvignon at Sage Restaurant, valued at R320 (save 53%)
- Save 53% on 2 smoked eisbein with crispy crackling, served with shoestring fries, sweet mustard and a bottle of Sweetwell Cabernet Sauvignon
- The very best quality freshly prepared dishes
- The menu provides something for everyone
- Warm and inviting
- Professional service with a friendly twist
- Gaze out at the Helderberg Mountains
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 855 1203
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 to 17:00
- Wednesday and Friday, 8:00 to 20:00
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
People often incorrectly translate ‘eisbein’, assuming that it means ‘ice bone/leg’. The pork dish’s name is actually a reference to Einstein; in the same way that he was one of the most intelligent people to ever live, eisbein is one of the most delicious dishes ever to have been created. Use today’s Groupon and head down to Sage Restaurant to see for yourself what all the fuss is about for only R149 for 2 smoked eisbein with crispy crackling, served with shoestring fries, sweet mustard and a bottle of Sweetwell Cabernet Sauvignon.
Much like putting in the last piece of a 10000-piece puzzle, or beating the final boss on your 8-bit TV-game console, indulging in a succulent serving of delicious eisbein is one of the most satisfying and rewarding experiences you could ever indulge in. The explosion of flavour inside your mouth has the potential to permanently overwhelm your taste buds, leaving you tasting nothing but delectable eisbein for the rest of your days, which wouldn’t be a problem.
Located underneath the scenic Helderberg Mountains on the Sweetwell Farm in Stellenbosch, the Sage Restaurant is a dreamy getaway serving up some of the best grub that money can buy. The restaurant takes immense pride in its food production and the majority of its produce comes straight from the farm, it literally couldn’t be fresher. Their delicious eisbein will ignite a taste sensation inside of your mouth that will bring you back time and time again as you yearn for the real deal. The dish is served up with crispy crackling, shoestring fries, sweet mustard and a bottle of signature Sweetwell Cabernet Sauvignon.
Whether you’re an eisbein connoisseur or a first time diner, few restaurants outside of Germany do it as well as Sage Restaurant.
Mountainous fact: Pencil Nib mountain in Germany, locally known as ‘that mountain’ is the birthplace of eisbein. Centuries ago a frustrated butcher tried to entice new customers with smell of cooking pork. His initial efforts failing, the pork that had cooked for an entire day was served up to customers to get rid of it but, once they tasted it they couldn’t get enough of it.