Save up to 53% on a Big Rush Big Swing for one or two people at Moses Mabidha Stadium with Big Rush preorder now- 50%
Save up to 53% on a Big Rush Big Swing for one or two people at Moses Mabidha Stadium with Big Rush
- Save up to 53% on a Big Rush Big Swing for one or two people at Moses Mabidha Stadium
- Highly qualified staff
- View the Facebook page here
- World’s only stadium swing; holds Guinness World Record for World’s Tallest Swing
- Videos available for purchase
- Ideal as a gift
- Valid until 31 March 2013, excluding December 2012 and January 2013; Monday to Sunday
- Reservation required: 031 312 9281
- Minimum weight: 40kg
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies
- Groupon not redeemable for vouchers
- Weather permitting
- Subject to availability
- Picture displayed is a representation
- Terms and Conditions apply
Unless illegally downloading music or rearranging your ceramic swan collection gives you such a thrill you have to sit down for a moment just to stop your heart from bursting, a little excitement every now and then is good for you. Rather than pitch yourself out of a plane or some-such, experience some urban adrenalin and save up to 53% on a Big Rush Big Swing for one or two people at Moses Mabidha Stadium with Big Rush.
- Pay R297 for a Big Rush Big Swing for one person, valued at R595
- Pay R559 for a Big Rush Big Swing for two people, valued at R1 190
While you could hop the pond and road-trip around America to see the world’s biggest arbitrary objects, the experience would probably lose its charm after the eighth world’s biggest yarn-ball. An easier, cheaper and far more exciting option is seeing the world’s largest swing and getting to use it to swing in a huge arch over an enormous football stadium. In fact, apart from being the biggest, according to The Guiness Book of World Records, the Moses Mabhida swing is also the world’s only stadium swing.
After a few breaths, an attempt to calm your jelly-legs and the signing of an indemnity waiver form, you’ll be kitted out in a full-body harness and shown a demonstration of correct swinging technique. While you might scoff at this, the tyre swings of childhood’s past have nothing on arcing 220m at roughly the speed of a very fast car. Of course, before you attempt this adrenalin-pumping activity, you’ll be introduced to the Jump Master who will ensure you know exactly what you’re doing.
Apart from this final check-in, you’re instructed by qualified jump crew and protected by well-checked and high-quality equipment. After you’ve descended the ladder to the jump point, been hooked to the jump-line and nodded your I’ve got this, you’ll count down from three to one and leap – what happens after that is something you have to experience for yourself; a 60m free fall, accelerating to 120kph and swinging across a football stadium.
When it’s over, you’ll be brought smoothly back to ground-level (though it’s alright if you leave your head in the clouds) and, within a few minutes of your return, you can watch a video of yourself defying gravity and tackling the big-kid’s version of a swing-set. Of course, this video is available for purchase, so you can relive the experience in the comfort of your own home.