Pay R99 for a horse-drawn carriage ride through Cape Town’s city centre with Cape Town Carriage Company, valued at R200 (Save 50%)
- Save 50% on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Cape Town’s city centre
- Victorian carriages pulled by beautiful and well looked after horses
- Approximately 70-minute tour through the city
- Depart from Castle of Good Hope and zig zag through town before a brief stop at the Company Gardens
- Bring your own lunch to eat in the gardens and feed peanuts to the squirrels
- Returns to Castle of Good Hope
- Enjoy a unique view of some of South Africa’s historical and architectural locations
- Comfortable carriages and experienced guides
- Can also do private group bookings - 8, 10 or 16 seater
- Groupon redeemable for 4 months
- Booking essential, online only and subject to availability and capacity: http://www.ctcco.co.za
- Groupon valid from Monday to Sunday
- A R28 entrance charge at the gate for a Castle Tour
- Buy as many vouchers as you like for gifts, corporate bookings, family outings
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Redemption on presentation of printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
During condescending lectures, people often tell you to take a look at the world from a different angle. Whether you take it literally and exchange walking for carpet backstroke or go the intellectual route and invest in rose-coloured retro wayfarers, it’s an endeavour which often proves more entertaining than influential. Rather than horsing around, enjoy a gorgeous carriage ride through Cape Town’s city centre for R99 with Cape Town Carriage Company.
Most Capetonians are pretty familiar with Cape Town’s city centre. In fact, most of you have probably been stuck in town traffic jams for so long you’ve had enough time to memorise each and every street name. Cape Town Carriage Company dares you to return to the bustling city centre – this time in a horse-drawn carriage. Making a name for themselves as Cape Town’s most experienced and popular carriage companies; Cape Town Carriage Company has lent out their fantastical horse-drawn carriages to everyone from Matric beauties on their way to the dance to Hollywood movie sets.
The 70-minute tour embarks from the historically rich Castle of Good Hope and whisks you away up Buitenkant Street like a modern-day Cinderella. While zip-zapping through town, enjoy the rare opportunity to see the city centre from a completely unique angle while viewing some of South Africa’s most beautiful historical and architectural locations. Next, take a trot through to the Company Gardens where you can enjoy a brief bite to eat while liaising with the local squirrels.
Leaving the gardens, soak up the city life as you head back into Wale street, turn in the vibrant Green Market Square and head back to the castle. Whether you’re a lekker local, a starry-eyed tourist or a member of the Romanian Royal Family – this is a treat that can’t be missed.
Fact from the horse’s mouth: French horses have long been known to enjoy the tang of chicken mayonnaise and are the only horses in history that are able to tie a knot in a helium balloon.