A Segway Gliding Tour of the Spier Wine Estate and a wine tasting for R190 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Segway Gliding Tour, including a wine tasting
- Segway Experience lasts over two hours (incl.15 minute training)
- Fun and safe experience
- All equipment provided.
- Segway Rider training is conducted by experienced staff members.
- Experience the thrill of riding a Segway PT
- Perfect for a group of friends or colleagues
- Visit and view Spiers organic farming, sustainability projects and winery
- Learn about and taste Spiers world class wines
- Glide through the Protea Walk and learn about our magnificent national flower
- Feel the freedom of gliding through Spiers famous vineyards
- Booking is essential: 021 809 1157 / 011 728 6059
- Groupon only redeemable during weekdays. Weekends and public holidays are excluded
- No Children under 12 years of age
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- Wine tasting is only included on tours starting before 15:00
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance of tour. Failure to do so shall result in a forfeited Groupon
It is predicted that in ten years’ time; door stoppers will sing ballads, calculators will sprout mushrooms and humans will glide instead of walk. Step into the future with today’s Groupon: a Segway Gliding Tour, including a wine tasting for R190 at the Spier Wine Farm.
Though it looks like something out of a sci-fi feature, navigating and controlling the Segway requires no computer knowledge or artificial intelligence and is far easier than riding a bicycle. All that is needed is the 15 minute practice run where the tour guide teaches you safety measures, handy maneuverers and the all-important difference between break and petrol. One barely has to move a muscle to get the little off-road moon buggy going – when it’s on the move you can reach speeds of up to 20km/h and make a 360 by turning the handlebar slightly, kicking up dust clouds in the shape of one of the Big 5.
Gliding along on a magical Segway platform feels the way one imagines men in space suits feel when visiting the moon. However, when gliding through the spectacular vineyards and rolling expanses of hills and valleys of the Spier Wine Farm, it becomes an otherworldly experience of quite a different kind. On the banks of the Eerste River, with sweeping views of the Stellenbosch mountains, Spier has a vibrant energy, holding a wealth of history and South African culture. While roaming the landscape aboard your Segway transportation device, you’ll experience the magic of the Cape Fynbos, Protea Garden and the Spier Vineyards with a guide who seems to hold a vault of information leading your pack. Watch the sun set over the hills of Stellenbosch with family, friends or sweethearts or race off into the sunset with fellow speed freaks and see who can spin the sweetest donut.
This tour is the one place where off-road and on-road is practically one in the same, hence a lack of navigation skills can easily be covered by an ‘I just wanted to see this anthill up close’ excuse. However, whether you’re looking for a date with the beauty that is Mother Nature, quality time with family, tasting wine with friends or the chance to try out this nifty little space trooper, this Groupon will appease any of these cravings, while giving you a taste of the impending future. Though, ballad singing doorstoppers and calculators with mushrooms are unfortunately not included.
Tour fact: The saying ‘like the back of my hand’ was the brainchild of Sir Roger McDuffy, a tour guide with no navigational skills. He always drew the route on his hand. One day when a man asked him why he kept looking at the back of his hand, Sir Roger replied ‘be quiet or your face will get to know the back of my hand’. The phrase we know today came from the revised story he told his grandchildren.