Pay R195 for a Stand-Up Paddle Surf lesson for one OR pay R390 for two people at Surfstore Africa (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Stand-Up Paddle Surfing lesson for one or two people
- Lesson includes SUP board, leash and paddle
- Two-hour session
- Entertaining activity
- Can be enjoyed in small, medium or big waves as well as flat water
- No need to be particularly fit
- Perfect for windless days
- Ideal activity for summer
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential, weather dependant and subject to availability: 021 788 5055
- One Groupon per person
- Redeemable Monday to Sunday, 10:00 to 18:00
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- Not redeemable with in-store promotions
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms and conditions apply
Before man could take to the seas, intelligent folk would hypnotise rock-show crowds into believing they were surfboards; some of whom still have not snapped out of it. Forego a wipeout onto cold hard ground and make way for the ocean with today’s Groupon: 50% off a Stand-Up Paddle Surf lesson for one or two people with Surfstore Africa.
Ministers of the waves with the wisdom of the tides at their tips, the Surfstore Africa paddle-surfing instructors are the ultimate matchmakers of board and human. Where the average human is made up of roughly 70% water, seeing the instructors in action may lead some to believe that their water make-up is of the salty variety, leaving no doubt that these folk are indeed the best. Suit up with swim trunks (or wetsuit) SUP board, leash and paddle and let the Slater-Johnson instructor types guide you on a Stand-Up Paddle Surfing safari.
Before getting your paddle-surf on, make your way to Muizenberg and meet at the Surfstore Africa shop in the Nautilus Shopping centre in Capricorn Beach. Following a tutorial on how to navigate your way through the ocean with just a board, a paddle and the sweet elixir of the ocean egging you on, students are invited to take up their gear and head for the sometimes-temperamental Muizenberg seawaters. According to the specialists, the two-hour picturesque and thrilling Stand-Up Paddle Surf lesson can be enjoyed in small, medium or big waves and for the more passive types, can even be appreciated in flat water. Whether you go it alone or indulge a friend with the clean air and beauty of the ocean, you’re guaranteed an experience far more exhilarating than the less scenic crowd-surfing variety of yonder years.
Beach Fact: A giant mirror was recently constructed on a beach in Honolulu. The mirror is only set up on surf competition days and is said to help surfers (who find it hard to turn fast enough) see when waves are coming from behind.