Pay R149 for entrance to an Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour OR R349 for a course at the South African Gourmet Mushroom Academy (save up to 63%)
- Save up to 63% on entrance to an Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour OR a course
- Course is on growing gourmet or exotic mushrooms for profit
- Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour and course will be presented by South Africa’s world-renowned gourmet mushroom cultivation expert, Dr Adriaan Smit
- Course will be five-hours
- Includes light refreshments
- Taste unique mushroom flavours paired with award-winning wine
- Indulge in delicious mushrooms
- Mushrooms flavours include nutty, earthy, meaty, or seafood
- Experience something new
- Treat your taste buds
- Perfect event for aspiring or discerning food and wine connoisseurs
- Groupon redeemable for an Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour: Saturday’s at 11:30 to 13:00 between 12 November 2011 and 21 April 2012, excluding one Saturday per month and the last two Saturdays of December 2011
- Groupon redeemable for course: Either from 9:00 to 14:00 or 15:00 to 20:00, 5 November 2011, 10 December 2011, 7 January 2012, 11 February 2012, 24 March 2012 and 7 April 2012
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 881 3586
- All bookings must be made 7 days in advance, except for the first course on 5 November 2011
- No under 18’s for Exotic Mushroom Cellar Tour
- Maximum of 10 Groupons per person
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
Eating mushrooms or learning to grow this delicious proliferate is said to give you the ability to photosynthesise sunlight into Barry White’s voice. Enjoy learning more about this vegetable that has flavoured many an Alfredo pasta and risotto, sans or avec a come hither voice, with entrance to an Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour for R149 OR a course on Growing gourmet or exotic mushrooms for profit at the South African Gourmet Mushroom Academy for R349.
Hieroglyphics found in the tombs of the Pharaohs suggest that the ancient Egyptians believed the mushroom to be the plant of immortality and awesomeness. Also known as specialty mushrooms, these gourmet saprophytes include names such as Shiitake, Nameko, Enoki, Shimeji, Paddy straw, a variety of pink, golden, tree, phoenix, abalone and king oyster mushrooms and many more.
Exotic Mushroom and Wine Tasting Cellar Tour is a delightful exotic mushroom and wine pairing tasting event presented by South Africa’s world-renowned gourmet mushroom expert, Dr Adriaan Smit. During this tour you will indulge in the unique mushroom tasting flavours – nutty, earthy, meaty, or seafood. Your taste sensation will be paired with suitable and award-winning South African and European wines. This is truly a not to be missed opportunity for the discerning food and wine connoisseur.
With the emerging gourmet mushroom trend pulling the country in a new direction, faster than the Macarena circa 1994, perceptions of mushrooms are changing rapidly and so are industries. All over the world, between sixty and one hundred gourmet mushroom species can nowadays be cultivated commercially. Learn how to cultivate your own exotic mushrooms at home and be enlightened on The Big Five of mushroom gastronomy namely, taste, aroma, texture, succulence and presentation. This course will be presented by South Africa’s world-renowned gourmet mushroom cultivation expert, Dr Adriaan Smit.
Mushroom fact: Mushrooms were also the favourite vegetable of moustached plumbers Mario and Luigi. Besides devouring Italian pasta, these two heroes loved to munch on mushrooms to help gain strength and agility which aided in their quest to save the helpless princess, who often purposely hid from the two plumbers as she felt they were too creepy.