Feasting on delicious food makes people feel like royalty, even if they do have to wear special stretch-waist pants designed for pigging out. Partake in a foodie tour fit for a king from Aphrodisiac Shack.
Choose from these options:
- Pay R699 for a full day of food tasting for two people, valued at R1 400
- Pay R1 316 for a full day of food tasting for four people, valued at R2 800
- Pay R1 799 for a full day of food tasting for six people, valued at R4 200
Full Day Tour from 10:00 till 15:30
- 10:00 - 11:00: Breakfast at The Old Mill Coffee Shop, Deli and local Art Gallery for the Dam Fine Artists.
- 11:00 - 12:00: Interactive smokehouse tour and demonstration of the traditional techniques and processes.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Beer and cured meat tasting. Four handcrafted, locally produced beers paired with four distinctive flavoured cured meats.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Lunch. A choice of either a smoked poultry or smoked trout served with seasonal salad and freshly baked ciabatta.
- 14:00 - 15:00: Cheese and wine pairing. Two white wines, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio, and two reds, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from the local Stettyn cellar, are paired with some fabulous and awarding winning South African cheeses.
- 15:00 - 15:30: Take a walk in the organic vegetable garden and permaculture system. Sean will give a talk about permaculture and its environmental benefits. At the end of a festive eating day everyone will leave with a goodie bag of foods to enjoy and wine.
More About Aphrodisiac Shack
The Aphrodisiac Shack Smokehouse is situated on the banks of the Theewaterskloof Dam, three kilometres outside Villiersdorp. The owners have been in the catering industry for the last 20 years. The Aphrodisiac Shack specializes in smoking a wide variety of products. Their main focus is on the art of cold smoking a range of cheeses.
Waterval Farm, Villiersdorp Cape Town 6848Get Directions