Save up to 65% on any Big Plates meal with a side for two or four people at the new Café Sofia Cavendish
- Save up to 65% on a Big Plates meal with a side for two or four people
- Big Plates to choose from: Beef and blue; Beef fillet medallions; Terra and mar; Rib eye steak and egg; Balsamic lamb cutlets; BBQ back ribs; grilled fillet of line fish; Spanish king prawns; Sofia’s special chicken or chicken and chorizo kebabs
- Served with a side of crispy potato wedges, fries, sweet potato chips, Spanish rice or side salad
- New vibey Cavendish branch
- Made from the freshest ingredients
- Tasty scrumptious meal
- Great venue
- Laidback, chilled ambience
- Valid for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 671 8191
- Monday to Sunday
- Sit down only
- Groupon does not include gratuity or drinks
- No shows and late cancellations forfeit Groupon
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- Picture displayed is a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
Neurologists have agreed that the best way to keep ones brain functioning at its optimum level is to bombard it with a wealth of reading material, breath-taking views and copious amounts of Barry Manilow music. Another brain-boosting trick is to feed your brain with delicious dishes – get a head start and save up to 65% on any Big Plates meal with a side for two or four people at Café Sofia Cavendish. Choose from the following:
- Pay R99 for any Big Plates meal for two people, valued at R238
- Pay R165 for any Big Plates meal for four people, valued at R476
The latest addition to the Café Sofia familia, Café Sofia Cavendish embodies the same eclectic vibe they are known and loved for, priding itself as the perfect spot to experience a Mediterranean taste with South African flair. With its vibrant and edgy orange décor, cosy ambience and friendly staff, it is a great place to have a few drinks and a hearty meal with some friends, while catching up, talking about life and discussing vital concepts such as whether eyebrows are considered facial hair or not.
You will certainly be spoilt for choice with their spectrum of mouth-watering Big Plates meals including Beef and blue – a 300g grilled fillet topped with caramelised red onions and blue cheese or Beef fillet medallions in creamy green peppercorn butter with wine, sundried tomato and pickled jalapenos. Then there’s the Terra and mar which consists of a 250gram matured sirloin grilled to your liking, topped with three king prawns sautéed in chilli and garlic and served with chimichuri salsa, a 300gram flame grilled Rib eye steak and egg served with spicy salsa or balsamic lamb cutlets – pan grilled with olive oil, honey, rosemary, oregano and garlic. You could also choose to devour the BBQ back ribs – a lady size half rack, with a full rack also available, grilled with a five spice dry-rub and glazed with oriental sweet and spicy sauce.
If you are feeling less carnivorous and more pirate opt for the grilled fillet of line fish, blackened with herbs, topped with tomato, feta, olive and caper salsa or the delicious Spanish king prawns – six prawns pan fried with garlic, chillies, lemon, and paprika butter.
Meat and fish aside, the chicken at this vibey eatery is definitely just as delicious; the Sofia’s special chicken which is a delight of pan grilled chicken fillets, stuffed with spinach, olives, feta and roast pepper topped with a warm yoghurt and lemon sauce is an absolute must. The other perfect poultry option is the chicken and chorizo kebabs – flame grilled skewers of succulent chicken, spicy sausage, and green peppers with honey citrus BBQ glaze. To top it all off, all Big Plates meals include a side of crispy potato wedges, fries, sweet potato chips, Spanish rice or side salad.
“Café Sofia blends an early morning café with a trendy day bistro, spiced-up with some Latino flava. This Mediterranean-by-feel, hip bar is very much a fresh fusion of the inventive spirit and energy of modern South Africa.” – www.eatout.co.zaTasty fact: In the Mediterranean island of Majorca, stray cats looking for homes have chosen to use pasta to attract potential owners instead. These cats roll themselves in the pasta as they see this as the easiest way to make friends with the islanders.