Pay R59 for a cheese and cold meat platter for two people, including wine-tasting in the Allée Bleue courtyard, valued at R150 (save 61%)
- Save 61% on a cheese and cold meat platter for two people, including wine-tasting
- Explore one of Cape Town’s favourite past-times
- Historical vineyard set in beautiful Franschoek Valley
- Taste four different Allée Bleue wines in the atmospheric wine-tasting courtyard
- Ideal for a weekend outing or a romantic date
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Booking essential: 021 874 1021
- Groupon valid Monday to Sunday, 09:00 to 16:00
Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a favourite pastime. Italians gather in gluttonous groups and devour enough food to topple a freight train, residents of Buñol, Spain paint the town red with city-spanning tomato fights, and the indigenous Jungle Ducks of Peru roast peanuts over a fire while engaging in hide-and-go-seek. If rolling out of a restaurant or tangoing in tomatoes doesn’t appeal, indulge in wine-tasting, one of South Africa’s favourite pastimes while exploring the beauty of the Winelands with a cheese and cold meat platter for two people, including wine-tasting at the Allée Bleue vineyard for R59.
Nestled in the Franschoek Valley like a Fabergé Easter egg, Allée Bleue is one of the Cape’s oldest and most revered vineyards. With a distinct French influence, the white-washed décor of Allée Bleue is complemented by the sweeping vineyards, beds of orchards and fragrant fields of lavender and herbs. More idyllic than a day at Ra’s Day Spa, the loveliness of the vineyard is matched only by the terrific taste of the wine.
One sip of the Allée Bleue wines up for tasting and you’ll be as smitten as a kid with their first kitten. With characteristics fruity enough to grapple all competitors, enjoy the unique tastes of four different wines in the delightful wine-tasting courtyard while you wait for nibbles – a platter for two with a rich spread of cheese and cold meats. If you put the no in wine connoisseur, resist the temptation to pretend you know what you’re talking about and consult and pose your questions to one of the informed and friendly tasting-staff on duty. For a day different to the rest, enjoy the best with Allée Bleue’s superb setting, wine and way.
Wine and dine fact: Before unicorns were extinct, vineyard owners used to fit them with gumboots and make them work in the fields, picking grapes with their horns and stomping them in their gumboots.