Pay R110 for any two course meal for two people, including two glasses of wine at the Hermitage Restaurant at Hazendal Estate, valued at R270 (save 59%)
- Save 59% on any two course meal for two people, including two glasses of wine
- Beautiful wine farm with elegant restaurant
- Menu a fusion of Mediterranean cuisine with South African flair
- Choice of De Haas white, red or rose wine
- Ideal for a lunch
- Groupon redeemable till the end of October 2011
- Booking advised and subject to availability: 021 903 5035
- Cheese platter constitutes two starters
- No takeaways
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not include any additional beverages
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a favourite pastime. Italians gather in gluttonous groups and devour enough carbohydrates to topple a freight train, residents of Buñol, Spain paint the town red with city-spanning tomato fights, and the indigenous Jungle Ducks of Peru roast peanuts over a fire and perform tribal dances. If Jungle-ducking around or tangoing in tomatoes doesn’t appeal, indulge in one of South Africa’s favourite pastimes; exploring wine estates. Enjoy a two course meal for two people, including two glasses of De Haas wine for R110 at the Hazendal Estate.
Nestled on the beautiful slopes of Bottelary Hill like a Fabergé egg, Hazendal Estate is one of the Cape’s oldest and most revered wine estates. The land was discovered 300 years ago where the soil was deemed luscious and pliable; 12 years later the first vines were planted and today Hazendal Estate continues the winemaking legacy with their dedication to nurturing the land like a baby-bird and making decadent wines. More idyllic than a day at Ra’s Day Spa, the loveliness of the vineyard is matched only by the terrific taste of their wine.
Set in the estate’s original historic wine cellar lays the atmospheric Hermitage Restaurant where today’s deal takes place. Combining the flavours of Mediterranean cuisine with South Africa’s unique flair with flavours, the menu is a combination of rich meats and cheeses and farm-fresh vegetables. With starters ranging from soup and various salads to smoked salmon pâté and deep fried camembert; the only issue you’ll have is what to choose. Mains range from line fish served on egg noodles to Cape Malay platters, lamb cutlets and slow-roasted duck; a treat for those fond of all things meaty, flavour-rich and delicious. Because dining is never really complete without a little wining, enjoy two glasses of De Haas wine and dream about the day you visit Hazendal again.
Fact on the grape-vine: Italian winemakers have invented 3D glasses which allow you to gauge how much red wine is left in the bottle and estimate how many glasses worth there are. The same 3D glasses are also used by ladies as a magnifying glass to use when cutting their toenails.