Safely operating your motor vehicle on today’s roads is about more than just keeping your hands at ten and two and not using your knees to steer while you do the weekly crossword. Even without considering that stop-signs are all but obsolete and crossing an intersection often means the need for power-sliding, once you’ve had a bit to drink, the roads might as well be an obstacle course. Don’t drink and drive and pay R100 for R200 worth of designated driver kilometres from Scooter Angels.
Most people have those nights where they head down to the watering hole and swear to themselves that they’re only going to drink soda, or only have one drink – and then end up ordering fifteen rounds of Lemon Drops because an unexpected friend showed up or someone mentioned that they have something to celebrate. Rather than waiting around for a taxi or finding a friend to drive you home, you decide that you’re definitely fine to get behind the wheel – once you find your feet, you’ll be sorted.
Instead of taking that route and getting well-acquainted with a police-officer, just call up Scooter Angels and rest assured a driver will be there within a couple of minutes to take you home safely in the comfort of your own car. You may call the driver Alfonzo, Charles or whatever you like really, discuss politics and even complain about the girl wearing the same dress as you at the club. Alfonzo will magically know where you live and is followed home by a shadow driver, making doubly sure you and your car get home safe and sound.
How it works:
- Join Scooter Angels by visiting the Facebook page or website. Having a membership number has all sorts of advantages, like discounted rates and the option to pre-book
- Though pre-booking is essential when making use of your Groupon, Scooter Angels offers the ability to contact them via phone, email, SMS or BBM whenever you need a designated driver. Sometimes, you can even spot them outside of popular watering holes.
- They use scooters to navigate quickly through traffic, meaning a driver team will provide rapid response
- They’ll drive you home, with a scooter follows behind to collect the driver
- Charges are based on the distance from your pick-up to your destination and payment is to be made in cash to the driver. Today’s Groupon essentially entitles you to the first 25km free
What you need to know:
- Female driver teams are available on request for female clients
- The festive season is notorious for the abundance of people who take chances and get behind the wheel after they’ve have a bit to drink
- Scooter Angels drives you home in your own car, meaning you don’t have to worry about where you left your wheels
- Fast pick-up times because of their clever deployment of waiting driver teams in key areas and the use of scooters
- They also offer group drop-offs and, at a small extra charge, will drop off all your friends on route to your house