Pay R119 for a picnic basket and entrance for 2 people OR R25 for entrance for one person at Riverside Park (save up to 60%)
- Pay R119 for entrance to Riverside Park and a picnic basket for 2 people, valued at R300 (save 60%)
- Pay R25 for entrance to Riverside Park, and bring your own food and refreshments to braai, valued at R50 (save 50%)
- Picnic basket contains: freshly baked bread rolls, butter and jam, a selection of cold meats, dry wors, assorted savoury biscuits, a selection of cheeses, assorted preserves, Greek salad or pasta salad, cheese cake or black forrest cake, still water and picnic cutlery and crockery
- Wine and beverages can be purchased
- Picnic blankets and mats available at additional cost
- Great place to spend an afternoon with friends or family
- Groupon redeemable until 30 December 2011, excluding 25 December 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 874 2058
- Monday to Sunday
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
It is said that of all park-dwelling creatures, the common burrowing shrew is by far the most devious when it comes to stealing patron’s food. By boring underground, and building an extensive network of tunnels, the shrew is able to pop up directly underneath picnic-ers and steal food from directly under their noses. Enjoy a picnic free from fear of food theft at Riverside Park with today’s Groupon; pay R119 for a picnic basket and entrance for 2 people OR R25 for entrance only.
With summer encroaching at an ever increasing rate, citizens are once again embracing their warm-weather wardrobes and heading out into the sun. Of all the fine-weather activities, there are few more pleasant than a lovely picnic in a lovely park with some lovely friends. The long-time home of fairies and gnomes, there is a certain allure about parks that just can’t be replicated anywhere else. Parks also offer something for everyone, children can run out all their energy or explore the more densely foliaged areas, while older visitors can soak up some sun and enjoy a book or boardgame in the fresh African air.
No park visit would be complete without a picnic, and with today’s Groupon that’s all taken care of for you. Enjoy the delicious contents of a picnic basket filled to the brim with goodness which includes; freshly baked bread rolls, butter and jam, a selection of cold meats, dry wors, assorted savoury biscuits, a selection of cheeses, assorted preserves, Greek salad or pasta salad, cheese cake or black forrest cake, still water and picnic cutlery and crockery. Quite a mouthful. If you prefer to create your own delicacies, just use your Groupon to gain half-price entry and bring along your own eats, treats and refreshments for a braai in the park.
Linguistic fact: The word picnic is actually a combination of the words ‘pick’ and ‘nick’. In the early 1950’s, park-goers without food would spy other people’s goods, pick what they wanted and then nick it for themselves.