Pay R149 instead of R300 for a Cape Malay tour of Bo-Kaap with traditional foods and tea from Tana Baru Tours (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Cape Malay tour of Bo-Kaap with traditional foods and tea
- 2-hour tour
- Delicious traditional foods
- Experienced in the hub and heartbeat of The Mother City
- Well-known and knowledgeable tour guide, Shereen Misbach-Habib
- Also a respected author, politician and publicist
- Stops include viewing of the first mosque, South Africa’s first Dutch house, walk through the monument strip, Tana Baru Burial grouds
- Delve into the history of the Bo-Kaap and its traditions
- Interact with the locals
- End off with traditional Malay cake and tea, samosas, poppadum, chilli bites and koeksisters at a traditional home
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 424 0719 / 073 237 3800
- Tours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms and conditions apply
- Meet at Bo-Kaap Museum prior to tour; option to visit the museum at your own expense
Calling everyone from your mother to pet mole rat “bru”, trying to fit ten boeries in your mouth at one particular point in time, and marking your goods with your name in 11 official languages is a sign that your body wants to get in touch your South African roots. Get a taste of some authentic South African culture in Cape Town with today’s Groupon: a Cape Malay tour of Bo-Kaap with traditional foods and tea from Tana Baru Tours for R149.
Lining the slopes of Signal Hill like a cobblestoned mosaic, Bo-Kaap stands high as a colourful sight peppered with delicious aromas that waft from the age-old Malay households. Textured with history as vibrant as the houses they stem from, the location is the perfect place to take in the spicy culture of a vivacious people while exploring the streets, architecture and traditional dining of Cape Malay past and present.
Acquaint yourself with the heartbeat of the Mother City as the tour takes afoot. Meet at the Bo-Kaap Museum prior to the tour, with the option to visit at your own expense. With respected author, politician, and publicist, Shereen Misbach-Habib as your guide, you’re guaranteed a sightseeing expedition layered with cultural quips and authentic historical data far more colourful than the history books. The cobblestone excursion includes stops at South Africa’s first mosque, a visit to South Africa’s first Dutch house and a walk through the monument strip. Mosey through the streets to the Tana Baru Burial Grounds while interacting with the locals and learning about the history of the Bo-Kaap.
After uncovering lost gems of both past and present in the two-hour tour, end the journey at a traditional Cape Malay home, entertaining your tummy with delicious decadences. Feast on cake and tea, samosas, poppadum’s, chilli bites and koeksisters.
Tour Fact: Because whales swallow almost everything, autopsies have revealed that wars have indeed taken place in their stomachs. This has led a certain Roman Moseby to take advantage of the unique natural wonder and open up a tour company that takes people on tours through whales’ stomachs.