Pay R220 for a protective Evil Eye Pendant from The Holistic Deli, valued at R550 (Save 60%)
- Save 60% on an Evil Eye Pendant
- Ancient and globally recognized amulet warding off bad luck and jealousy and inviting good luck
- The newest jewellery fad to hit the celebrity market
- Worn by everyone from Madonna and Kim Kardashian to Rihanna and Brad Pitt
- Made from 925 sterling silver and genuine Turkish Murano Glass
- May be worn as a necklace or bracelet
- Protect yourself against jealously and ill-wishes
- Visually stunning and unique piece
- Ideal as a Christmas present for the friend that has everything
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- Subject to availability and while stocks last
- Collect at The Holistic Deli, V&A Waterfront, Monday to Sunday, 9:00 to 21:00
- Pendant excludes silver chain
- Contact number: 072 447 4117
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Redemption on presentation of printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
Ever since the first caveman stood on a wasp, mankind has gone to great lengths to fashion themselves symbols of protection. From the Wiccan practice of braiding a string of onions to the North American Indians’ belief that ravens ward off black magic, everyone from the superstitious Irish to the Portuguese porpoise colony have their own symbols of protection. Rather than getting onion eyes or trying to tame a raven, ward off negative energies and jealous jerks with a Turkish Evil Eye Pendant for R220.
Universally acknowledged as protection against the stink-eye, the Turkish Evil Eye Pendant or Nazar is worn to help ward off all evil eyes from you by creating a protective shield. In some forms, the concept of the Evil Eye and the pendant that protects against it stems from the belief that people can bestow a curse on their victims by shooting them a malevolent gaze – a genuinely terrifying thought.
Becoming a hot commodity faster than the new coffee-making smart phone, everyone from Kim Kardashian and Madonna to Brad Pitt and his brood can be seen sporting a Turkish Evil Eye Pendant draped around their necks. With the intent to protect themselves against negative energies such as anger, hatred, fear and most traditionally, jealously – the Evil Eye Pendant is fast becoming as famous as the celebrities themselves.
Fashioned from 925 Sterling Silver and genuine Turkish Murano Glass, the Evil Eye Pendant is as uniquely exquisite as it is protective. With a 1.5cm diameter and a beautiful array of blue, black and white coloured glass, the pendant is most commonly worn on a silver chain, but can be worn as a bracelet as well.
Symbol Fact: The ancient myth stating that vampires are repelled by garlic is actually derived from an old fisherwomen’s tale. Wives of fisherman in the South of China would coat their bodies in garlic to repel men who would make advances on them while their husbands were away at sea. When the men caught a whiff of the garlic they would make a disgusted hissing noise similar to that of the vampires in folklore.