Pay R30 for a Newlands Brewery Tour for two, including beer tasting and two beers, valued at R60 (Save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Newlands Brewery Tour for two
- Groupon includes beer tasting and two beers
- Journey back to the early 1800’s on the tour
- Experience South Africa’s oldest commercial brewery
- Visit the old pub
- Shop at the memorabilia store
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable from 10 October 2011 to 29 October 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 658 7440
- Bookings must be made before 1 October 2011
- Groupon valid for tours on Monday to Friday at 10:00, 12:00 and 14:00; Saturday at 10:00
- One Groupon per person
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon not valid for in-store promotions
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Please wear closed shoes
- No under 18's
Everybody has their own opinion on what makes South Africa special. While some say it’s the rugby, others point to the sun-kissed mountains or the fact that no other country produces quite as many macadamia nuts. However, as much as people’s opinions vary, everyone agrees that when it comes to beer – South Africa’s homebrew hops to the top spot. Become better acquainted with local breweries and drink deep of South Africa’s history with a Newlands Brewery Tour for two people, including beer tasting and two beers, for R30.
Whether you consider yourself a beer buff, a beer enthusiast or someone who’s just enthusiastic when drinking beer, grab a like-minded mate and journey back to the mid 1800’s where South Africa’s history with beer all started. Standing where Jacob Letterstedt built the original Mariendahl Brewery, lays the Newlands Brewery – a monument to all that is ice-cold and foamy. This is where your tour begins.
Livelier than a cheetah with an attention deficit, Newlands Brewery currently provides the land of the thirsty – otherwise known as South Africa – with 1.5 million beers every day; a feat more ambitious than trying to befriend the Great Whites in Kalk Bay. Tour the beautiful brewery and learn about everything from the brewing process to the modern mechanics involved. Next, sample the stupendous beer you’ve been craving and browse in the memorabilia store or enjoy a beer at the pub. You’d be hopping mad to miss out.
Beer fact: On the last day of every month, a brewery in Bulgaria brews up an oddly flavoured beer to prank their engineers with.