Pay R35 for 200 grams of hand-crafted chocolate truffles from Chocolates by Tomes, valued at R70 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on 200g of hand-crafted chocolate truffles
- Premium African-origin chocolate and Madagascan vanilla
- Enjoy one of life’s finer delicacies
- Flavours include caramel and hazelnut, Fynbos honey, milk truffle, amarula cream, rum and raisin, coffee and pecan sandwich and baobab and lemon
- Ideal as a gift
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Groupon redeemable for one month
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Limited number available
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- One Groupon per person per visit
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon not valid for cash-back
- All bookings/ordering are subject to availability
- Quote Groupon when booking/ordering
- Waterfront store working hours: Monday to Sunday, 09:00 to 21:00
- Groupon excludes cherry truffles
- May contain traces of nut or alcohol
In a world of robot chickens and smart phones that can do everything but massage feet, the simple things in life should be appreciated more than ever. Appreciate one of life’s oldest, finest and most-revered delicacies – the one they call chocolate. Treat your taste buds to an early Christmas with 200 grams of hand-crafted chocolate truffles for R35 from Chocolates by Tomes.
If you’re thinking “eh, I could get chocolates at the shops” – think again. According to Chocolates by Tomes, a true chocolatier in both thought and deed, chocolate shouldn’t be cheapened by adding vast amounts of sugar and vegetable oil; rather, the flavours of the cacao bean should be complemented, not obliterated. That’s why the masters of melt-in-your-mouth truffles are dedicated to creating the creamiest, most flavoursome chocolates that will be the finest thing to pass your lips since you’re your all-time favourite kiss.
While manufacturing their own chocolate – sourcing cacao beans from West Africa and natural vanilla pods from Madagascar – Chocolates by Tomes are kept busy in their top-secret chocolate laboratories experimenting with natural flavours and infusing infusions until they come up with the perfect truffle. Sample the seductive flavours of caramel and hazelnut, milk truffle, amarula cream and rum and raisin, or let the proudly South African flavours warm your taste-buds and your heart with Fynbos honey, coffee and pecan sandwiches or baobab and lemon infused truffles.
Ideal as a gift for a fussy friend or just as effective as a sneaky midnight feast for yourself, just try trifle with a truffle made by the masters at Chocolates by Tomes.
Sweet fact: According to the book of records, an ancient recipe for something called WaaWoo is the closest thing to the chocolate we eat today, minus the cacao beans, milk, sugar and most other ingredients.