Pay R660 instead of R1200 for skydiving training, one static line jump and free camping from Skydive Robertson (save 45%)
- Save 45% on training and 1 static line jump for one person
- Free camping on the dropzone
- Full instruction and training covers everything you need to know for your first jump
- Rental of all equipment included
- Free camping site for those travelling from far
- One year membership to the Parachute Association of South Africa
- Includes certificate for performance of first jump
- Fun, adrenaline-pumping activity
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 083 462 5666 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Maximum weight: 105kg
- Minimum age is 16
- Children under 18 require parental consent
- Training lasts about 8 to 9 hours on Saturday mornings, dependant on group size
Some studies show that adrenaline was first discovered in Japan in 1990 when sheep would bark out sarcastic wisecracks at red foxes and then attempt to outrun them when they became agitated. On several occasions, sheep were found tangled in the tops of cherry-blossom trees, distressed and bleating profusely. Experience a safer adrenaline-charged activity for humans with today’s Groupon: skydiving training and one static line jump plus free camping on the dropzone for R660 with Skydive Robertson.
The thrill of gliding through the skies is an experience that most would sell their left pinkie-toe to experience. However, unlike Icarus and his obsession with moving towards the sun, dropping further away from it usually brings with it far greater thrills. Shedding all forms of feathery-flappers and armed only with a gigantic parachute, a string and a healthy supply of adrenaline, Skydive Robertson will teach you how to expertly throw yourself at the ground, then land with the composure of a ballerina.
There’s no denying that when in the air, flailing limbs may become a distraction which is why the skydiving specialists have devised an in-depth training program for first-time jumpers. Thus, before throwing yourself from the moving Cessna aircraft, eight to nine hours of ground training will take place. Starting at 8:30 in the morning, the class prepares you for everything you need to know including canopy control, landing, emergency procedures and safety checks. Full instruction and training classes are followed by a flight to 3000ft where adrenaline is in high supply.
Unlike solo skydives of the experts, the static line jump provides Groupon holders with a security blanket. As you fall towards the ever enlarging Earth, the main canopy deploys by means of a static line attached to the aircraft. Experiencing two to three seconds of freefall while the parachute opens, that penchant you had for flying will no sooner turn to a desire to turn to a career of professional falling. After landing, freshly-initiated fallers from the sky will be able to camp out on the dropzone, while relishing in the spoils of a sufficiently thrill-filled day.
Adrenaline-pumped Fact: Being a postman is ranked one of the most thrilling occupations, second only to the professional dog-chasee.