Pay R685 for an introductory social dancing course with Arthur Murray Dance Studios, valued at R1370 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on an introductory course to dancing
- Four 30-minute lessons, four two-hour socials and two three-hour parties
- Learn the basics of eight different social dances: foxtrot, waltz, tango, swing, rumba, samba, mambo and cha-cha
- Have fun, exercise and meet new people
- Increase self-confidence and learn a skill to last a lifetime
- Join as a couple or a single
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon valid for Table View, Durbanville and Plumstead branches only
- Booking essential: Table View, 021 556 2670; Durbanville, 021 979 1050; Plumstead, 021 762 3045
- Groupon valid for single or couple
- No under 18’s
- Groupon valid Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 22:00
Elephant seals do it to charm their mates, bees use it to entice their queen and ogres rely on it for comic relief; no matter who does it, dancing is one of the more popular ways to express emotion. Learn a new way to express yourself and never look stupid at a wedding again with today’s grooving Groupon: an introductory social dancing course at Arthur Murray Dance Studios for R687.
If the treadmill gets you all teary or you have less self-confidence than a balding Hare, today’s Groupon is the answer to your unrealised whims and lingering woes. The introductory course to social dancing is not only the best way to get fit fast, but it’s an amazing confidence booster and way to meet new people. Started over a 100 years ago in the States, the Arthur Murray Dance Studio franchise opened its swinging doors for the first time in South Africa in 1955 and has been leading the dance scene ever since.
Because the average person isn’t interested in becoming a championship dancer and just wants to gain enough confidence to get up on the dance floor, the introductory course to social dancing teaches students the basics of eight social dances, namely: the foxtrot, waltz, tango, swing, rumba, samba, mambo and cha-cha. With emphasis on foot positioning, rhythm and timing, and leading and following, the course will have even the most timid of foot-tappers taking over the floor and showing the crowd how to get their groove on.
The course itself consists of four 30-minute lessons, four two-hour socials and two three-hour parties; socials and parties being the opportunity to show off your hip-happening hop while schmoozing with the other movers and shakers.
Whether you twinkle as a talented tango dancer or rock at the rumba, today’s Groupon gives you the opportunity to learn a skill that’ll last a life-time.Foot-tapping fact: The dance that bees do to entice their queen was adapted for people by a bee-enthusiast/break-dancer Mr E. Bizzle. The dance is similar to a tango with elements of break-dancing and disco, and is very popular in East London night clubs.