Pay R95 for a day pass for one to experience the Stellenbosch Wine Route on the Vinehopper, valued at R190 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a day pass for one on the Vinehopper
- Convenient Hop on/Hop off service
- Scenic care-free travelling
- Beautiful wine route steeped in heritage
- Visit esteemed wine estates
- Choose between the Northern route and the Southern route
- You will experience up to six different wine estates
- Pick up and drop off from anywhere in Stellenbosch area
- Groupon redeemable until 31 December 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 021 882 8112
- Groupon excludes wine tastings
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
The phrase “I heard it through the grapevine” is said to have originated in ancient Rome when the Emperor’s servant accidently dropped an important scroll in the vineyard outside the palace. A peasant picked it up and soon the whole town knew that the Emperor was extremely afraid of recreational sport and buttons. See the grapevines up close and personal with a day pass for one to experience the Stellenbosch Wine Route on the Vinehopper for R95.
Seeing the scenic local wine route will take your breath away, like a beautiful sunset or finally finding that collector’s edition copy of Velociraptors On Ice. With the Vinehopper you can experience the Stellenbosch Wine Route by way of a convenient and carefree Hop on/Hop off service. This terrific tour operates on two routes in the Stellenbosch Wine area with each of these picturesque routes will take you to six different wine estates.
The wine farms in Stellenbosch range from big farms with high tech cellars, through multi-functional farms and historical manors, to small, more intimate wine estates that lend themselves to relaxation and the enjoyment of their natural surroundings.
On the Vinehopper, the Southern wine route captures the differences between estates in Stellenbosch; from the big and well known Spier to the smaller privately owned Bilton. You will truly experience something different on this route, visiting the Van Ryn Brandy Cellar as well as the Cheetah Outreach. The Northern Route has spectacular views of the Winelands where you will be able to see Table Mountain in the distance and enjoy the splendour of the Western Cape. On this route you will also visit various esteemed wine estates such as Beyerskloof, Simonsig and BergKelder.
Wine fact: In a laboratory in Paris, a forward-thinking winemaker added a few drops of vanilla essence, which he found in the fridge, to his new wine. This gave the wine an exotic aroma and a delicious taste, making it a best-seller for 2001.