Save up to 60% on a guided fly-fishing experience for one or two people on the Cape streams with Fly Talk
- Save up to 60% on a guided fly-fishing experience for one or two people on the Cape streams
- Includes all equipment and transportation to and from Eikendal Wine Estate
- Tour guide is a former South African champion
- Stocked with many popular angling species
- Scenic location
- Ideal as a gift
- Valid till end of April
- Booking essential with Groupon security code and subject to availability: 021 855 2646
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- Picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- 24-hour cancellation policy applies
- Groupon does not include permits
- R35 for an Annual Fresh water fishing licence, R30 for a Cape Nature Conservation day permit and R120 for a Cape Piscatorial Society permit
Fishing can be compared to many things. It can be compared to parenthood because it requires extensive patience and skill with holding your breath – it can be compared to fishing for complements, because both require the right bait, and the right line, or to ballet because both require grace and impeccable timing. Accept the fact that there’s nothing quite like fly fishing and save up to 60% on a guided fly-fishing experience for one or two people on the Cape streams with Fly Talk.
- Pay R899 for one person, valued at R1800
- Pay R1439 for two people, valued at R3600
With all the season hustle-and-bustle of tinselling trees, traipsing through shopping malls and gift-wrapping sprees, sometimes it can be good to get out of the house for a while and out into the great outdoors. If the great outdoors just happens to the banks of Eikendal Dam on the wine estate of the same name, all the better. Stocked to bursting with rainbow and brown trout and all the other popular angling species, the Eikendal Dam provides a scenic and exciting location for catching your next release. With all the equipment you need, and transport to and fro, you’ll be well kitted out for a laid-back day on the water’s edge.
Of course, if you know as much about fly fishing as most people know about talking Klingon, your guide – a former South African champion – will introduce you to the finer arts of casting, equipment setup and other vital bits of trade info. Once you’ve been introduced to the basics of knot-tying, casting and gotten familiar with fly and fish as well as rod and line, cast your line and see if you can reel in a winner. Enjoy a day out on the dam with nothing but your lure, your guide and the fresh air to keep you company, or take along a buddy or beau and swap stories about the fish (or gal) that got away while you wait for one of the jumpers to bite.Fishy Fact: A little bald doctor found a fly-fishing rod on the internet which he used as a hook for reaching items on his highest shelves. This worked for him until the rod bent whilst he was trying to take down his twenty-disc collection of love-songs.