Save up to 60% on one of three farming packages for one or two people with Farmer Redbeard
- Save up to 60% on a Hands-on-Harvest, bee-keeping experience or a tractor and potjiekos day for one or two people
- Meet Farmer Redbeard on his self-sustaining fruit and honey farm
- Beautiful farm in the Langeberg valley; 90-minutes from Cape Town
- A taste of traditional South African farm cooking and living
- Learn the secrets of harvesting, bee-keeping or the rich heritage of the Langeberg Valley
- Hands of Harvest: December, Apricot harvest; January and February, Peach harvest; February, March, Grape harvest
- Suit up, smoke out the bees, remove the honeycomb and spin out the honey. A true beekeeping experience
- People of all ages and fitness levels welcome
- Ideal as a fun family day out
- Valid for 6 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 023 615 1204 or email@example.com
- Guests can arrive as early as 7:00 or 8:00 but must phone for exact check-in times
- Groupon is per person
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Pay R799 for a hands-on harvest experience, including lunch and one night’s accommodation for one person, valued at R1900
- Pay R799 for a bee-keeping experience, including lunch and one night’s accommodation for one person, valued at R1700
- Pay R250 for a tractor ride and authentic potjiekos meal for one person, valued at R500
- Pay R1499 for a hands-on harvest experience, including lunch and one night’s accommodation for two people, valued at R3800
- Pay R1499 for a bee-keeping experience, including lunch and one night’s accommodation for two people, valued at R 3400
- Pay R500 for a tractor ride and authentic potjiekos meal for two people, valued at R1000
Nestled in the
Langeberg Valley like a precious stone, Farmer Redbeard’s self-sustaining fruit
and honey farm is a hidden treasure of wildlife, Fynbos, fruit orchards and
vineyards. In an effort to share the
splendor of his farm and precious produce with the public, Farmer Redbeard is
offering you the opportunity to become both a farm-hand and a guest for a day
while he reveals his secrets to success. Tractor ride into the Langeberg along oxwagon tracks of our ancestors, followed by hearty potjie in the farmhouse. Excellent day outing for family and friends and a real blast from the past.
For those who are
more hands-on than feet-up, the hands on harvest is the ideal opportunity to
experience traditional harvesting methods.
Roll up those sleeves and take part in pruning and harvesting fruit from
the vines and orchards while spending a glorious morning in the cool and
tranquil valley. Once you’re done, enjoy
a traditional farmhouse lunch, a sunset wine tasting and a short walk through
the vineyards before curling up in the comfort of your farmhouse bed.
While the idea of being chased by bees is about as desirable as an ostrich-kick to the stomach, the bee-keeping workshop is an unforgettable experience. Following a smooth tractor ride to the beehives, you’ll learn how to smoke the bees out in order to remove the honeycomb. Next enjoy a delicious farmhouse lunch followed by a deep sleep in your bee-free bed.
If picking fruit or battling bees isn’t your cup of tea, pop a piece of straw between your lips and jump on a tractor for a fun ride through the vineyards, fruit orchards and finally, up the Langeberg Mountain. During this time, bend your ears for Farmer Redbeard’s history lesson and don’t forget to look out for birds and Fynbos. Because a tractor ride is known to work up quite the appetite, return from your trek to an authentic potjiekos meal and tuck into your treats around an atmospheric bush fire.The good fact: Back when cell phones were the size of bricks, a wine farmer created a wine called Futurista. He said it was inspired by a dream he had of a 43 inch plasma TV.