Pay R450 for a three-hour New Year’s Eve cruise OR R110 for a ninety-minute Sunset Cruise with Hakuna Matata Charters (save 50%)
- Save 50% on either a New Year’s Eve or Sunset cruise
- Cash-bar available on New Year’s Eve Cruise and receive a small bottle of champagne on arrival
- Either a three-hour New Year’s cruise or ninety-minute Sunset cruise
- Enjoy views of the Durban city lights and New Year’s fireworks
- Relaxing evening at sea or party evening for the New Year’s count-down
- Ideal as a Christmas gift
- Ideal for a romantic evening or New Year’s party
- Spectacular views
- Luxurious catamarans
- Groupon-holders can bring along their own food
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- New Year’s Eve cruise only available on 31 December 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 083 274 6846
- Must quote voucher code on booking
- Bookings for the Sunset Cruise only accepted after 10 January 2012
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- One Groupon per person for New Year’s Eve Cruise
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Limited number available for New Year’s Eve cruise
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon valid Monday to Sunday – weather permitting
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Three-day cancellation policy applies
- Sunset cruises set sail at 18:00 daily
- New Year’s cruise is from 22:00 to 1:00
- Clients may bring along their own food
Cosy bathtub-boats are magical sea vessels but sight-seeing and cruises are often restricted to the confines of four glossy walls and rather unfriendly rubber duckies. Reacquaint yourself with Durban’s picturesque landscape with added sunsets or New Year’s fireworks and save 50% on either a New Year’s Eve or Sunset cruise with Hakuna Matata Charters.
Though saddling up a few seahorses and uttering a confident “giddy-up” may make for a great story, there’s still nothing quite like the quiet adventure of a Hakuna Matata Charters sunset cruise. Harnessing ample amounts of good times in two luxurious 58-foot catamarans, the leading charter boat company guarantees trips with no worry of whiplash and far less soggy shirts than the seahorses offer.
Whether you call the sea your second-home or are proud to be a land-lubber, the Sunset cruise offers the best of both worlds; sunset-colours that would dazzle even an Impressionistic artist and views of the city that will leave even the most jaded speechless. After watching the sun spill its ever-fluctuating hues over the early-evening waves like an over-eager paint-slinger, hit up the cash-bar for a romantic sunset beverage before heading back to port.
If you’d rather experience the sunset from dry-land, the New Year’s Eve cruise is probably the way to go. Experience the party atmosphere and the city-lights white-washed by dazzling fireworks. Better than watching the count-down on the couch, bring in the New Year in sea-faring style with a complimentary bottle of champagne, a cash-bar and the company of a few new friends.
With years of experience and a vault of Yoda-like wisdom of the ocean, boat operators will whisk you off on sea rides of a lifetime, departing from the harbour channel and heading for the ocean. Whether you’re in the company of friends or new acquaintances, the comfortable surroundings and enchanting atmosphere makes for an experience that other Durbanites will be envying you for. Boat operators with years of experience and a proven safety record also provide a far safer option for exploring your sea-faring roots for an evening than a trip on the back of a sea-horse.Cruising fact: A boat company in Boston offers an adventurous take on the usual sunset-cruise by combining boating and roller-coasters. Their small ferry leaves from the top floor of the Monarch hotel – room 1409 – and slides down a large ramp before hitting the waves.