Pay R23.50 for an open sandwich and side-salad at Piggly Wiggly in Kloof, valued at R47 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on an open sandwich and side-salad
- Choose from 6 open sandwiches: Spicy chicken and avo, chicken mayo and crispy bacon, bacon and pickle, smoked salmon, avo and cheese, bacon, camembert and sweet chilli, bacon and avo (seasonal)
- Farm fresh ingredients
- French white bread or fresh farm bread
- Try their award-winning cappuccinos
- Child friendly environment
- Playground with jungle-gym and wendy-house
- Peaceful setting
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 031 764 2497
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity or beverages
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Groupon valid Monday to Saturday, 7:00 to 16:00
Not many people are aware that there were actually eight Wonders of the Ancient World, not seven. Apart from the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and the Great Pyramid of Giza, there was also the Immense Open Sandwich of Alexandria. Before mankind invented filter coffee or the fork, they were putting things between slices of bread and marvelling at their own sheer delicious genius. Find out what all the hype is about with an open sandwich and side-salad from Piggly Wiggly in Kloof for R23.50.
Many people believe that the sandwich is essentially the perfect food, ideal for picnics, an attack of the midnight munchies or a long bus ride. Of course, just like you wouldn’t ask an accountant to paint the Mona Lisa, when dealing with man’s greatest invention other than the internet, you shouldn’t accept anything less than perfection.
Piggly Wiggly’s sandwiches could very well qualify as art, combining farm-fresh local ingredients and a dash of homely creativity, served with a crisp side-salad for those who enjoy indulging their herbivore tendencies with lunch. Served on either French white bread, or fresh farm bread, you can decide whether you want your lunch rustic or continental. Just like you can’t have green eggs without ham, or Ernie without Bert, you can’t have one of Piggly Wiggly’s masterpiece sandwiches without trying their coffee. Their genius cappuccinos have won awards and come in all sorts of interesting variations like the Dancing Cappuccino or the Farmers Cream Con Panna.
Surrounded by the smell of freshly-baking bread and the sound of leaves swaying gently in the breeze, the only thing that might break the tranquillity of your lunch is if the kids make too much noise on the nearby jungle-gym .
Sandwich Fact: The first ever sandwich was eaten by someone known only as Prince Charming. As a travelling shoe-salesman for a brand called Cinderella’s Uggs, he hardly ever had time to sit down for a meal and thus, decided to put the grilled eggplant and parmesan his mother had made for him between two slices of bread to make it easier to eat.