Pay R27 instead of R69 for a homemade pie and side of your choice with a drink at The Jackie Horner Pub & Grill (save 61%)
- Save 61% on a homemade pie and side of your choice, with a drink
- Choose from Beef and Ale Pie OR Chicken and Mushroom Pie
- Delicious sides include: homemade chips, salad, vegetables OR mash
- Quench your thirst with either a glass of house wine or draft
- Comfortable and elegant dining
- Sleek and sophisticated pub
- Booking essential: 031 202 9192
- No takeaways or sharing
- One Groupon per person
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Groupon only valid and issued once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon must be used in one visit
- Groupon not valid for cash-back
- Groupon does not cover gratuity or beverages
- All bookings are subject to availability
- Quote Groupon when booking
- Terms & Conditions apply
Human beings need regular forms of sustenance to keep engines running smoothly and make sure mouths are equipped for sarcastic quips. Keep your machine fully functional with today’s Groupon: a homemade pie and side of your choice with a drink for R27 at The Jackie Horner Pub & Grill.
Contrary to popular belief and a decades-old ditty, four and twenty black birds baked in a pie is not really a dainty dish to set before a king; more appropriate would be a Beef and Ale pie or Chicken and Mushroom pie from the Jackie Horner Pub & Grill. Delicious from its pastry outside to its nothing-can-compare, Sadé-esque filling inside, each homemade scrumptious treat is baked to perfection and complemented with a choice of mash, vegetables, salad or delightful homemade hot chips. Abiding by the law of good hearty meals, each pie and side must be completed with either a draft or a glass of house wine in order for your stomach to be considered fulfilled and sustained for human bodily functions.
Sleek and stylish from the dark wooden finishes to the unique adornments on equally uniquely painted walls, the pub’s interior boasts an ambience that would expect you to see Richard Gere waiting on the likes of a pretty woman. Sophisticated in look with a good old English pub feeling, the tavern may radiate a range of split personalities from karaoke nights and sports nights to comedy and live music evenings, yet the classy and comfortable establishment still presents itself as the ideal place to dine on a laid back evening. Though the only king you’re likely to find in Durban is the King’s Park stadium, there’s no reason why locals shouldn’t be able to dine as such.
Food Flossing Fact: The chewable toothbrush, available from vending machines the world over, was reportedly invented by a five-year-old boy. Too lazy to brush and spit, the child would chew on his brush and eat the toothpaste, and then the bristles. He later showed his parents who sought out a professional to create a unique toothbrush just for him.