Pay R39 for a Farmer Brown lunch for two people at Piggly Wiggly Midlands, valued at R98 (save 60%)
- Save 60% on a Farmer Brown lunch for two people
- Freshly baked brown bread with delicious chicken mayonnaise and crispy bacon, topped with melted cheese and served with a fresh farm salad
- Wines on sale
- Award-winning cappuccinos
- Peaceful atmosphere
- Ideal as a gift
- Stunning country venue
- Child friendly with jungle gyms and places for the kids to run around
- Country farm stall
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes at midnight
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 072 2733 478 / 031 000 0334
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon valid Monday to Sunday, 08:00 to 17:00
- Groupon not redeemable for take-aways
- Groupon does not include gratuity
- Groupon redeemable at Midlands branch only
- Terms and conditions apply
Not many people are aware that there were actually eight Wonders of the Ancient World, not seven. Apart from the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and the Great Pyramid of Giza, there was also the Immense Open Sandwich of Alexandria. Before mankind invented filter coffee or the fork, they were putting things between slices of bread and marvelling at their own sheer delicious genius. Find out what all the hype is about with a Farmer Brown lunch open sandwich from Piggly Wiggly Midlands for R39.
Many people believe that the open sandwich is essentially the perfect food, ideal for picnics, an attack of the midnight munchies or a long bus ride. Of course, just like you wouldn’t ask an accountant to paint the Mona Lisa, when dealing with man’s greatest invention other than the internet, you shouldn’t accept anything less than perfection.
Piggly Wiggly’s open sandwiches could very well qualify as art, combining farm-fresh local ingredients and a dash of homely creativity, served with a crisp side-salad for those who enjoy indulging their herbivore tendencies with lunch. The freshly baked brown bread is topped with tasty chicken mayonnaise and makes-everything-better crispy bacon; a better match than the ones you see at Wimbledon. The addition of melted cheese is the just the metaphorical icing on the cake, though the open sandwich tastes better than any sugary treat.
Just like you can’t have green eggs without ham, or Ernie without Bert, you can’t have one of Piggly Wiggly’s masterpiece open sandwiches without trying their coffee. Their genius cappuccinos have won awards and come in all sorts of interesting variations like the Dancing Cappuccino or the Farmers Cream Con Panna.
Flanked by trees and all manner of butterflies and birdlife, Piggly Wiggly is the quintessential farm stall, too quaint to pass up. Surrounded by the smell of freshly-baking bread and the sound of leaves swaying gently in the breeze, the only thing that might break the tranquillity of your lunch is if the kids make too much noise on the nearby jungle-gym.
Open sandwich Fact: An open sandwich deli in New York is causing quite a stir with their unique creations, such as the infamous Egg, Chocolate and Butternut. Owner of the store, Lucy Linferbert, spends the morning writing out ingredients on little slips of paper and pinning them to a dartboard. Whenever a customer comes in, she throws the dart to determine what her patrons should eat.