Pay R475 for an offshore shark snorkelling experience and underwater photo-shoot from Oceanworx, valued at R950 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on an offshore shark snorkelling experience and underwater photo-shoot
- 2-hour offshore diving experience
- See Black Tip sharks up close and personal
- See up to 30 sharks when you dive
- Includes a CD of your experience
- One of the top 10 premier dive spots in the world
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 039 973 2578
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Dives are subject to weather conditions and availability of space on the boat
- No under 10’s
Since the dawn of time, mankind has been fascinated by powerful creatures – Neanderthals used to disguise themselves as shrubbery to get close to T-rexes and other prehistoric predators and mid-15th century gentlemen would carve out logs near marshes to observe crocodiles. Use today’s Groupon to get up close and personal with one of nature’s most magnificent predators: pay R475 for an offshore shark snorkelling experience with an underwater photo-shoot.
Aliwal Shoal is located on the South Coast in Umkomaas overlooking the warm Indian Ocean. Home to some of the world’s most amazing marine life, the beautiful location has garnered a spot in the top 10 premier dive spots in the world. Oceanworx operates from this aquatic haven, offering unforgettable diving experiences to divers of all levels, giving you a whole new perspective of the ocean and its inhabitants. Because you’ll be diving without a cage, the ‘Tiger DM’, a dive master with at least thirty shark dives logged, will check the waters before inviting you in for the thrill of a lifetime.
Feast your eyeballs on the amazing Black Tip sharks, who pose no threat to you because to them, you smell and look about as appetizing as a bucket of nightcrawlers writhing around in a muddy slop. The piscivores are swift and energetic, and known to make springing leaps out of the water, quite a feat considering they can grow to 2.5m in length. During the dive there will be between ten and thirty sharks around the boat, and you can feel comfortable observing the majestic creatures under the protection of the experienced dive team.
Arty fact: Unknown to most, sharks take immense pride in their homes and despite their lack of any opposable digits still manage amazing decorating feats. Following a recent diving expedition, divers discovered a shark’s den that was adorned with many beautiful artifacts including a replica of the Mona Lisa.