Pay R649 for six bottles of Seven Steps 2008 Syrah Wine, valued at R1298 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on six bottles of Seven Steps 2008 Syrah Wine
- Delivery included for Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria and Durban
- Will deliver up to 25km outside of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Pretoria
- Hints of white pepper and chocolate
- Red fruit flavours
- Complex wine that ages well
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 6 months
- To redeem, email shipping address, contact details, Groupon pdf and best time for delivery to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Groupon valid Monday to Friday
Contrary to popular belief, the key to the elusive high-life doesn’t lie in shiny sports cars, personal chefs and a topiaried poodle; all you really need is a good glass of wine. Savour a taste of the high-life and keep your poodle au naturel with six bottles of Seven Steps 2008 Syrah Wine for R649.
Seven Steps wine is about more than just the high-life. More true to the South African lifestyle than vuvuzelas at a boerewors braai, the wine still manages to be fit for the goblets of queens. Unlike some other intense type-A grape bloods, the Seven Steps wines are perfect for an occasion with friends or family, whether it’s Indian-curry takeout or sitting down for dessert after a fry-up.
A deep, ruby-red wine, the Syrah 2008 is easy on the nose, with hints of white-pepper and chocolate and a touch of indefinable cigar-box. Since appearance and taste are quite closely interlinked, and red things don’t often have blue flavours, the Syrah has an intense flavour of red fruits; plum and cherry intermingle in the glass, giving a satisfying and enduring finish. Of course, it’s nothing like drinking cherry and chocolate juice, and the wine prides itself on being quite complex. If you were aged in 80% new French-Oak barrels for nearly two years, you’d fancy yourself quite intricate too.
Six bottles of Syrah delivered straight to your door means you have enough to sip in front of the fire during the last wintery days and some to put away for a special occasion. The wines age better than most celebrities, so even if that special occasion is your toddler’s university graduation, a corked wine isn’t something you’ll have to worry about.
Fermented fact: The first bottle of wine made in South Africa had to be scrapped after the man who tasted it reported seeing fluffy dragon offspring dancing on the tip of his nose; a clear indicator that the wine was a little too strong.