Pay R80 for a Princess Platter for two people at Ocean Basket Bluff, valued at R169 (save 53%)
- Save 53% on a Princess Platter for two people
- Platter includes eight Princess Prawns, 110g of calamari, 150g of hake and 76g of Halloumi served with a choice of chips or rice, or half of both
- Fresh, quality ingredients
- Family friendly atmosphere
- Friendly and proficient staff
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 031 467 4662
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity or beverages
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon valid Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 to 21:00; Friday and Saturday, 11:00 to 22:00
- Groupon only valid Monday to Thursday during December
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Valid for sit-down only and no takeaways
One popular saying goes that it’s love that makes the world go round. This is false, and the honour actually goes to seafood; people leave red-herring trails, sole-singers caterwaul at karaoke nights and loan-sharks are often seen musseling in on prawn-brokers. There’s no reason to give up on platitudes though, because another one says give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Embrace the pit hy quotes and pay R80 for a Princess Platter for two people at Ocean Basket Bluff.
Ocean Basket is famous for more than just adverts that take liberties with the spelling of words like freesh feesh; they also have the honour of being the first place you think of when someone suggests seafood for dinner. Offering not only da freeshest feesh, but fintastic service to boot, it’s really no wonder that they’re one of South Africa’s favourite seafood restaurants.
While it would be great if what made a restaurant enjoyable had to do with nothing more than their reputation, that’s just not the case. Luckily, Ocean Basket Bluff has more than just a funky atmosphere and word-of-mouth popularity; they also have the Princess Platter which is ideal for practicing the sharing is caring lessons you learnt in primary school. There’ll be no need for surreptitiously nicking prawns off your dinner buddy’s plate, considering that eight Princess Prawns makes an equal four for each of you – of course, if one of you is more fond of prawns than the other, there’s no reason you can’t swap a bit of your calamari for one of their tasty crustaceans. Along with the prawns and calamari you’ll be bartering with, there’s also 150g of hake, because no seafood platter is complete without actual fish. Top it all off with either chips or rice – or half of each if you’re feeling adventurous – and 75g of Halloumi and you have a platter fit for royalty.
Whether you’re bonding over calamari with a buddy or whiling away a few romantic hours with the significant other, there’s nothing better than a plateful of ocean-flavoured excellence to celebrate whatever it is you feel like celebrating.
Secret-flavoured Fact: Famous chef Lucille Erstenbaczher went through great lengths to protect her secret recipes. Fifty years after her death, they were discovered hidden inside her daughter’s dollhouse. Unfortunately, they were written in magic ink so that only those with her specially-invented UV glasses can read them.