When your idea of adventure is sitting on the left side of the couch instead of the right, today’s Groupon will push your limits without pushing you in the metaphorical deep end – of course, it will throw you in the literal deep-end, but you’ll have an oxygen tank so it’ll be okay. Undertake some excitement and save up to 70% on scuba experiences with C2 Divers.
- Pay R200 for a refresher course, valued at R500
- Pay R180 for a discovery experience, valued at R600
If you’re looking for something different that’s fun, but not too extreme then today’s Groupon is right up your alley. Accredited by the NAUI (National Association of Underwater Instructors), Durban’s C2 Diving School teaches scuba diving from entry level right up to instructor’s level – whether you’re taking your first swimming-steps or just retracing them, it’s good to have someone with you who’s good enough to teach the teachers.
The refresher course not only allows you to go over everything you’ve learnt about acting like a merperson, but it also helps to get rid of the pre-dive anxiety some divers feel before wading into the metaphorically murky waters for the first time in a while. Under the watchful eyes of a trained expert, fine-tune your theory and water skills in the pool session before taking your next plunge of the pier.
Alternatively, the discovery experience lets you venture into the world of diving for the first time and make your first gambolling moves through the underwater world. Far more exciting than being allowed to hold the stop-sign at road-works or drinking an ice cold glass of water right after eating ice-cream, there’s nothing quite like breathing underwater for the first time; especially if it doesn’t involve gamma-rays and the sudden sprouting of gills. Though the experience starts with covering some of the basic theory and a session in the pool, you’ll still have the chance to do a dive of the pier.Scuba fact: Entry-level scuba divers used to do an exercise where they would fetch buttons that were thrown into the pool. The exercise was cancelled after a student swallowed four buttons and was whisked away in an ambulance.