Save up to 62% on a sushi making class for one, two or four people, including a meal and a glass of wine at African Sushi
- Save up to 62% on a sushi-making class, including a meal and a glass of wine
- Valid for one, two or four people
- Eat the sushi you’ve made and enjoy a glass of wine
- Sushi with an African twist; learn to make sushi from maize meal rice and a variety of other South African favourites
- Learn to prepare unique South African sushi in a traditional Japanese style
- Vegetarians can create sushi with soya meat or colourful vegetables
- Includes all ingredients and cutlery
Pay R129 for a sushi making class for one person, including your own sushi meal and a glass of wine, valued at R260
Pay R234 for a sushi making class for two people, including your own sushi meal and a glass of wine, valued at R520
Pay R399 for a sushi making class for four people, including your own sushi meal and a glass of wine, valued at R1040
Unless you were born under a rock, you’re probably familiar with the Asian delicacy that is sushi. Giving this age-old treat a profoundly African twist, African Sushi is delighted to introduce the brand new taste sensation of proudly South African sushi. Africa meets East in this fascinating fusion; enhanced with traditional African flavours like Chakalaka, sweet chilli and Atcha – your taste-buds won’t know what hit them. Preparing delicious sushi made from maize meal rice with cooked Boerewors, biltong, smoked chicken or beef or vegetarian-style fare – African Sushi has even gone as far as to create the unique Pap and Wors Sushi.
Starting off with a brief history of sushi, followed by a familiarisation with the various utensils and ingredients involved in sushi preparation, students are then taught how to cook the sushi rice – a challenging feat in itself. Next, take maki into your own hands with a simple Maki and California Roll lesson before learning how to decorate your sushi rolls. Stretch your creative muscles with the cutting of the rolls and the final presentation of the platter, before getting down to the best part – savouring your own plate of homemade sushi. As you proudly sample your own culinary creations, enjoy a chilled glass of wine and pat yourself of the back – you just made your own sushi.