Turkey: Pay R9 480 per person for a ten-day Magic Carpet Tour of Turkey with Expat Explore, valued at R15 800 preorder now- 40%
Turkey: Pay R9 480 per person for a ten-day Magic Carpet Tour of Turkey with Expat Explore, valued at R15 800
- Save 40% on a ten-day Magic Carpet Tour of Turkey
- Includes: inbound airport transfer from Istanbul; nine nights in four and five-star accommodation; nine breakfasts and seven dinners; transportation in a full air-conditioned vehicle; professional English speaking tour guide; entrance fees to various selected sites
- Highlights includes: Istanbul – old city tour; Gallipoli – battlefields tour; Troy – tour; Bergama – Pergamum tour; Ephesus tour; Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines and Hieropolis tour; Konya – Mevlana Museum; Cappadocia – Sultanhani Caravansary and Northern Cappadocia tour
- Stunning natural beauty, unique historical and archaeological sites
- Explore one of the world’s most popular tourism destinations
- Ideal as a honeymoon or romantic trip
- Valid for set departure dates in 2012
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 011 516 0465 or go to www.expatexplore.co.za/groupon
- Redeem Groupon by entering Groupon security code on www.expatexplore.co.za/groupon
- Bookings valid Monday to Friday
- One Groupon per person, per visit
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Picture displayed is a representation
- Terms and conditions apply
- Expat Explore terms and conditions apply
- Single travellers can room with other travellers of the same sex or pay a single supplement charge of R3 100
- Flights and visas excluded and to be organised on travellers own account
- Excludes tips
Explore one of the world’s most popular tourism destinations with a ten-day Magic Carpet Tour of breathtaking Turkey. With so much to offer visitors, including stunning natural beauty, unique historical and archaeological sites and an ingrained tradition of hospitality – your extraordinary expedition begins in Istanbul and takes you everywhere from the ancient Troy to the Temple of Artemis. Complete with an English speaking tour guide and a comfortable air-conditioned tour shuttle – an unforgettable journey awaits you in exotic Turkey.
Day 1: Istanbul
Arrive in Istanbul where you will be transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is left free for you to explore the city and soak up the vibrant culture before retiring for the night.
Day 2: Istanbul Old City
Tour the exotic city that spans both Europe and Asia by visiting the Blue Mosque, the Ava Sofya, Topkapi Palace, the underground Basilica cistern and the Hippodrome before heading back to the hotel for the night. Breakfast and dinner are included.
Day 3: Gallipoli Battlefields
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly and the Gallipoli Museum. Breakfast and dinner are included as is overnight accommodation in Canakkale.
Day 4: Troy, Acropolis of Pergamum
Step back in time as you visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse. Next, tour the magnificent acropolis of Perganum where you’ll see impressive temples and a library that made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time. Breakfast and dinner are included as is overnight accommodation in Kusadasi.
Day 5: Ephesus, Kusadasi
Get your history gear on with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Soak up the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before visiting a carpet village where you’ll learn how carpets are made by hand and what determines their value. Breakfast and dinner are included as is overnight accommodation in Kusadasi.
Day 6: Pamukkale, Hierapolis
Enjoy a local display of handcrafted leather goods before heading off to the magnificent white calcium terraces known as Travertines in Pamukkale. Tour the ancient city of Hierapolis before taking a dip amongst ancient columns in the hot springs that were used in Roman times. Breakfast and dinner are included as is overnight accommodation in Pamukkale.
Day 7: Silk Road, Konya
Travel the ancient Silk Road, visiting Sultanhani Caravansary and the Mevlana museum in Konya along the way. In the evening, don’t miss the optional traditional Turkish folklore evening before retiring for the night in Cappadocia. Breakfast, dinner and accommodation are included.
Day 8: Cappadocia, Goreme, Underground City
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia through the Goreme Valley and explore the many levels of an underground city. Breakfast and dinner are included as is overnight accommodation in Cappadocia.
Day 9: Ankara
Depart early morning for the nation’s capital, Ankara. Here you’ll visit Anitkabir, the mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Kemal Ataturk before returning to Istanbul. Breakfast is included as is overnight accommodation in Istanbul. There is also an optional morning flight to Istanbul from Kayseri.
Day 10: Istanbul
Enjoy your last breakfast before concluding your tour, saying goodbye to your new friends and returning home.
Coupons from Groupon | Travel | Cheap Accommodation | Cheap Rooms | Cheap Hotels | Cheap Bed And Breakfast | Travel Deals | City Trips | Tickets | Tour Tickets | City Tours | Travel Johannesburg | Cheap accommodation Johannesburg | Cheap rooms Johannesburg | Cheap hotels Johannesburg | Bed and breakfast Johannesburg | Travel deals Johannesburg | Johannesburg Trips | Tickets Johannesburg | Johannesburg Tours | Johannesburg City tours