Pay R225 for a waterskiing and wakeboarding day-pass for one person, including tuition and gear at Base 3, valued at R470 (save 52%)
- Save 52% on a wakeboarding and waterskiing day-pass for one person, including tuition, board and use of facilities
- Learn how to wakeboard and waterski
- No boats
- Ideal spot for both adrenalin junkies and those who just want to watch
- Get pulled by an 800m aerial cable
- All types of wakleboards are accommodated: Wakebaording, Wakeskating, Waterskiing, Kneeboarding. Kitesurfing Board practice, Waterskiing/Wakeboarding
- Valid for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: Justin@xspromotions.co.za
- Groupon redeemable Tuesday to Thursday, 12:00 to 18:00; Friday to Sunday, 10:00 to 18:00
- Closed on Mondays
- Closed on 25 and 31 December 2011, and 1 January 2012
- Customers must sign an indemnity form
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- Picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
Unlike flying a kite during a thunderstorm in any way, shape or form, wakeboarding finds its origins on Easter Island. In desperate need to reach the mainland, a native of the island strapped several banana leaves to together and lassoed a narwhal in an attempt to get to his destination. The effort had almost no success as immediately after embarking the narwhal dove into the ocean’s depths. All the same, a seed was planted and its fruits are what’s known as wakeboarding today, give it a go for yourself with today’s Groupon; pay R225 for a wakeboarding and waterskiing day-pass for one person, including tuition and gear at Base 3, valued at R470.
Base 3, located in Midrand, is one of the few places in South Africa where you can experience true Cableski. Rather than be pulled along behind a boat, an 800m aerial cable drags you along the water as you flip, spin and jump to your heart’s content. The unique establishment offers unencumbered joy on the water, under the safety and supervision of professionals.
If it’s your first time fear not, today’s Groupon also gets you tuition from one the friendly team-members at Base 3 as well as a board and equipment to use for the day and access to their facilities. The staff at Base 3 are true water junkies and if they could force their legs to bloom into flippers they surely would, who better then to show you how to curve up the wake and pull off some gnarly moves.Circus fact: An Australian man recently made waves in the circus world when he taught his pet mice to wakeboard. Using an overturned fridge filled with water and a deck playing cards, the mouse-master managed to train the miniature animals and now has a time-slot on a prominent local TV channel.