Experience true South African cuisine at Mamma’s Shebeen, pay R78 for 2 lunch mains at, valued at R156 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on 2 authentic South African main meals at Mamma’s Shebeen, valued at R156
- South Africa’s vibiest restaurant
- Extensive menu and well-stocked bar
- A melting pot of cultures, creeds and nationalities
- Authentic South African cuisine
- Truly township feel
- Groupon redeemable till 15 November 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 0846527851 / 0848877358
- Groupon valid every day, 11:00 to 17:00
- Groupon excludes : Soweto lamb chops , Mpho’s rump steak , Jabulani’s oxtail,Fik’s lamb stew and Akua’s prawn and calamari but meal can be upgraded to these by paying the difference
- Groupon not valid for take-aways
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity or beverages
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
One of the primary things to focus on when raising a Minotaur is its happiness, and the key to this is variety, in every sense of the word. Minotaur’s brains developed in such a way that their immense intelligence is exceeded only by their short attention span, and an unhappy Minotaur is no fun for anyone. They become incredibly sulky and are prone to tantrums and destroying property. When it comes to variety your stomach is no different, prevent the inevitable bowel revolt and spice things up with today’s Groupon, pay R78 for 2 main meals at Mamma’s Shebeen, valued at R156.
Mamma’s Shebeen is as African as minibus taxis and alternative medicine pamphlets on your windscreen. It has been dubbed ‘the vibiest restaurant in South Africa’ and always strives to live up to this title. Located in the middle of the urban jungle that is Greenside, skirted on both sides by commercial outlets, Mamma’s sticks out like a fiery phoenix in the Amazon. Its colourful façade can’t be missed and the funky, vibrant chairs are almost too inviting to pass by. From wall to wall the interior is decked with colorful, whimsical design details and bits of kitsch art and a steady African beat drones through the speakers, you couldn’t get closer to a township unless you slept in one.
The African experience really hits home when you take a peek at the menu, which serves only the best of true African cuisine. If you’re brave enough you can jump right in and start your meal with some exotic Mopani Worms, legend has it if you eat them you will digest them. Mains range from hunger-busting steaks to traditional pap and wors, all prepared and presented in uniquely South African fashion, and are sure to leave you licking your plates and lining up for more.
Since its creation in 2006, Mamma’s has been an iconic destination for both local and foreign diners and the melting pot of cultures, creeds and nationalities that it embodies is a true representation of the Rainbow Nation.
Interstellar fact: On distant planet in a faraway galaxy, creatures that very closely resemble Anteaters are at the top of the food chain. The primary difference between those creatures and their earthbound counterparts is that they are bigger than elephants and look almost nothing like anteaters at all.