Pay R100 instead of R200 for a Segway Gliding Tour at The Lion Park (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Segway Gliding Tour
- Groupon includes a one and a half hour guided tour through the herbivore section of The Lion Park
- Fun and safe experience
- All equipment provided
- Segway Rider training is conducted by experienced staff members
- Experience the thrill of riding a Segway PT
- Perfect for a group of friends or colleagues
- Get up close and personal to some of Africas most amazing herbivores
- Feel the freedom of the wind blowing through your hair whilst gliding on the silent Segway
- Experiencing the African bush so close to home
- Booking essential: 011 728 6059 - only during weekday office hours
- Groupon does not include mandatory entrance to The Lion Park – Discounted Rate of R100 for Groupon holders.
- Groupon only redeemable during weekdays. Weekends and public holidays are excluded
- No Children under 10
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance of tour. Failure to do so shall result in a forfeited Groupon
It is predicted that in ten years’ time; door stoppers will sing ballads, calculators will sprout mushrooms and humans will glide instead of walk. Step into the future with today’s Groupon: a Segway Gliding Tour, including a wine tasting for R100 at the Spier Wine Farm.
Though it looks like something out of a sci-fi feature, navigating and controlling the Segway PT requires no computer knowledge or artificial intelligence and is far easier than riding a bicycle. All that is needed is the 15 minute practice run where the tour guide teaches you safety measures, handy maneuverers and the all-important difference between break and petrol. One barely has to move a muscle to get the little off-road moon buggy going – when it’s on the move, you can reach speeds of up to 20km/h and make a 360 by turning the handlebar slightly, kicking up dust clouds in the shape of one of the Big 5.
Gliding along on a magical Segway platform feels the way one imagines men in space suits feel when visiting the moon. However, when gliding through the spectacular herbivore reserves of The Lion Park, it becomes an otherworldly experience of quite a different kind. Established in 1966 by the world-famous Chipperfields Circus, the spectacular reserve is situated in the middle of the Gauteng-Tshwane complex. While roaming the landscape aboard your Segway transportation device, you’ll experience the magic of the herbivore reserve, where animals like giraffe, zebra and springbok roam freely and are almost close enough to lick your nose. This with a guide who seems to hold a vault of information leading your pack.
This tour is the one place where off-road and on-road is practically one in the same, hence a lack of navigation skills can easily be covered by an ‘I just wanted to see this anthill up close’ excuse. However, whether you’re looking for a date with the beauty that is Mother Nature, quality time with family and friends, or the chance to try out this nifty little space trooper, this Groupon will appease all your cravings while giving you a taste of the impending future. Though, ballad singing doorstoppers and calculators with mushrooms are unfortunately not included.
Tour fact: The saying ‘like the back of my hand’ was the brainchild of Sir Roger McDuffy, a tour guide with no navigational skills. He always drew the route on his hand. One day when a man asked him why he kept looking at the back of his hand, Sir Roger replied ‘be quiet or your face will get to know the back of my hand’. The phrase we know today came from the revised story he told his grandchildren.