Pay R1050 instead of R2100 for a sunrise hot air ballooning experience including breakfast, chocolate and champagne with Discover Ballooning (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a hot air ballooning experience
- Groupon includes hot chocolate and marshmallows on arrival, scenic one-hour balloon flight, champagne on landing and breakfast is served overlooking the majestic Magalies Mountains
- Non-alcoholic sparkling wine also available
- An experience unlike any other
- Unlimited Groupon purchases
- Booking essential: 076 982 6378, terms and conditions apply
- Take-off point: Mokoya Lodge, Hekpoort, Magaliesburg, Krugersdorp, Johannesburg
- Groupon valid for one person
- Groupon redeemable for up to 12 months
- Groupon redeemable Monday to Sunday
- Groupon only valid and issued once deal closes at midnight
- Redemption only on presentation of printed Groupon
Birds often exhibit boastful behaviour when they land on solid ground and fan out their wings and tail feathers in front of your window. Gain bragging rights in two ways with today’s deal: soar the skies and see the Hartebeespoort Dam from a beautiful viewpoint with a hot air ballooning experience from Discover Ballooning for R1050.
With your introduction to flying beginning with a warm welcome by skilled flight specialists, hot chocolate, marshmallows, a picturesque landscape and a humongous basket big enough for a 50-person picnic, you’ll be swept off your feet before the journey begins. Climb on board the dreamy flying machine and soon you’re ready for take-off. Lifting higher and higher into the skies, you’re welcome to secretly present the birds with some agreeable hand gestures.
In a peaceful bubble in the sky, the Hartbeespoort Dam landscape will be even more beautiful from the aerial perspective that the birds once governed. With the wind gently carrying your basket to a destination only she knows, you’ll feast your eyes on some of the most splendid scenery the country has to offer. After a tranquil and enlightening 1-hour journey, it’s only fitting that you end off with a bit of champagne clinking.
Landing in the magnificent Magalies region, your experience will end on tastebud-tingling sensations. Overlooking the majestic Magalies mountains, sustenance comes frolicking in in the form a delightful breakfast. Combined with the remarkable view and the memory of a trip experienced by few, you’ll be cocooned in a happy place where no bird can burst your bubble.
Flying Fact: The first attempt at an aircraft was in fact a two metre long, cocoon-shaped wooden container with two holes at the bottom and on either side. With two flat wooden slates, users were expected to climb into the contraption and push their arms out on either side, waving the slates up and down. Needless to say, many were admitted to hospitals.