Pay R114 for a grilled rump or grilled lamb rack and a glass of wine for two people at Shikisha, valued at R228 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a grilled rump or grilled lamb rack and a glass of wine for two people
- Both meal choices accompanied with your choice of starch and vegetables
- Red or white house wine
- Multi-cultural venue
- Live and recorded entertainment on most evenings
- Trendy location
- Delicious prepared food
- Friendly and professional staff
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 2 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability for eight or more people: 011 492 1626
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- One Groupon per person per visit
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon valid Monday to Thursday, 9:30 to 19:00; Friday to Sunday, 9:30 to 22:00
- Terms & Conditions apply
There has been much debate over what the essential food groups consist of. Many hold staunchly to their idea that their diet of vegetarian pizza, ice-cream and root beer provide all the necessary nutrients while others know that occasionally it’s important to be a bit carnivorous. Keep the important food foundations covered and pay R114 for a grilled rump or grilled lamb rack and a glass of wine for two people at Shikisha.
Shikisha is one of those all-weather venues that are so few and far between in a country where the weather never really knows what it’s doing. On cold nights, the warm African-inspired décor will lure you in, as will the cool and casual vibe when it’s warm; no matter the weather, the fresh and welcoming atmosphere will keep you there.
Right next to the Turbine Hall, location of many a Fashion Week, Shikisha’s locale is a popular one. Whether you’re just there for food that would make top-chefs drool or you want to dance the night away, the trendy restaurant provides the perfect way to accomplish both; after all, Shikisha means dance and they wouldn’t name a club after boogie if there wasn’t a place to do it. Kick back and listen to some of the golden Motown oldies drifting through the glass doors while you tuck into a lamb rack or rump grilled to the type of perfection Jamie Oliver would be jealous of. More tender than fifth-grade love letters and guaranteed to be just the way you like it, both the rump and lamb rack are ideal for either an intimate night out with the snoochypoo or a dance-and-dinner date with a friend.
Of course, no meal is complete without some crisp and delicious liquid-substance to wash it down with and very few things go down better than a glass of wine. Choose either the red or white house-wine to top off your meal, and then decide whether you’ll leave when the food’s been cleared away or stay a while to shikisha the night away.
This is not a baaaaah’d Fact: New evidence of domestication was discovered in Mexico when an aeroplane turbine uncovered a small cave in which scientists discovered the remains of a family of cavemen. While it was previously believed that domestication was only popular hundreds of years later, the bones of an entire herd of sheep were discovered in the cave along with the family.