Mingling with other young professionals is quite a lot like playing Monopoly, requiring wits, a bit of luck and insight into the best time to buy into the hotel industry. Leave the dice at home and pay R150 for one month’s subscription to the Singles Wine Club.
Unlike a visit to the local watering-holes, where it’s important to keep one eye out for approaching predators, the Singles Wine Club provides a place for like-minded young professionals to meet in a fun and unintimidating environment. While it’s not a dating exercise, you’ll have a chance to mingle and foster friendships with other club members, over platters of food and sips of wine.
What you need to know:
- A wine-tasting event is hosted once a month at various restaurants across the city, presented by a guest speaker from the wine industry. Food is provided in the form of food platters and entrance is included in the membership fee
- Membership includes access to the member’s forum, to create a profile and interact with other members
- Website and emails ensure you stay up to date on the latest news and views from the wine industry
- Your 1 month subscription will include one of our monthly wine tasting events (which includes a light meal). It also includes unlimited use of our "Members Forum" for the duration of your membership. The "Members Forum" is just another way for you to interact with other members of the Singles Wine Club through our website.
- This offer is a trial period only. We suggest in order for you to really reap the benefits of your membership (that is meet new people), that you join the club for a slightly longer period of time.
- In order to activate your membership, email your Groupon voucher number, name and surname to email@example.com
Whether you’re an expert at ice-breaking or you’re looking for a place to mingle where there’s no ice to break, the monthly Singles Wine Club meetings are the ideal place. Offering interactions more informal than letters to a friend and the opportunity to enjoy a few intricate sippables, SWC encourages natural social interaction with the added bonus of being a fun night out.Single-serving Fact: The first official Singles Club was founded in 1987 in New Jersey and was aimed solely at down-and-out piano players who were also dog-lovers – every month, the club would host a Dog Day Piano Duel, during which aspiring couples would battle it out on the piano to see who could attain the loudest yowls from the dogs in attendance.