Pay R1700 per couple for a weekend’s stay in a superior room, breakfast included, at River Meadow Manor, valued at R3400 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a couple’s weekend stay, including breakfast
- Boutique country guest house
- Superior room with en-suite bathroom
- DSTV, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, electric blankets
- Country-style sophistication with modern day comforts and conveniences
- Fine dining restaurant on premises
- Breakfast boasts freshly baked pastries
- Beautiful setting amid green pastures and old oak trees
- Located between Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Groupon redeemable until the end of July 2011
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes at midnight
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Groupon valid for FRIDAY and SATURDAY nights ONLY
- Only one valid Groupon per person
- Booking essential: 012 667 9660
- Credit card details required upon booking
Like too many romantic comedies and horror movies seem to imply; romantic getaways can easily turn into disastrous misadventures. The room that’s been booked is either bug-ridden, haunted or has an FBI Agent sitting in the swivel chair claiming that only you can save the city from destruction by a giant carnivorous praying-mantas. Experience a real-life dream couple’s weekend without the movie drama at River Meadow Manor for R1700.
River Meadow Manor is what you’d expect a romantic getaway to be: picturesque, stylish and charming - with no hump-backed landlords or time-travel portals whatsoever. Away from the bustling city and set amongst green pastures and old-school oak trees, the Cape-Dutch style manor is rich in historical significance and country-style sophistication. The structure dates back to 1926 and was a wedding gift from Jan Smuts to his eldest daughter.
Each room is tastefully decorated with rich fabrics and modern day comforts and conveniences. Ghost-proof and secure, there’s no possible way that you’ll wake to the rattling of chains or any sort of impertinent Men-in-Black style FBI agent with a penchant for Armani suits and ruining people’s weekends.
After a peaceful and uninterrupted sleep, enjoy a delicious continental style breakfast with golden freshly baked pastries on your sun-dappled patio or take a tres romantic stroll through the green pastures.
If you’re looking for a sophisticated country-style experience, without the banjo-strumming “she left me for my best friend and took my prize cow” kind of vibe, treat your partner to today’s Groupon and enjoy a weekend away in style.
Check out fact: A hotel in Eastern Europe is made entirely out of Christmas cards. To keep the structure from toppling, there are no windows and guests have to ring a bell that’s situated on the corner of the street.