Pay R1900 for the Basic DJ Course at Retro Music, valued at R3800 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on basic DJ lessons
- Ten one-hour lessons
- Over ten years of experience teaching DJs of all ages
- Friendly and professionally-qualified Instructors
- Learn to seamlessly blend tracks and mix across a wide range of music styles
- Extra practice sessions can be arranged at R150-per single session and R1000 for ten
- Your own decks and mixer to use in the class
- Small class groups and plenty of one-on-one interaction
- Flexible training times available
- State-of-the-art training equipment
- Upmarket venue
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable until end of January 2012
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 011 454 0005 (email@example.com)
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- One Groupon per person
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon valid Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 17:00; Saturday, 10:00 to 14:00
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Cancellation policy applies
- First lesson must be booked within redemption period, after which lessons can be booked as seen fit
Technological advances being what they are, downloading music no longer involves a three-story window and an empty pickup truck and even people with voices like an albatross can put on best-selling albums; luckily, today’s music audiences want more than just glorified karaoke. Even if you couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it and auto-tune really isn’t your thing, you can still make music with the Basic DJ Course for R1900 at Retro Music.
The Basic DJ Course is designed for anyone aurally inclined who finds themselves wanting to start DJing and those who’ve already started and need help with their beat-matching. Though it might be called the basic course, they do teach some advanced concepts like telling the difference between vinyl and pleather.
After having taught DJs of all ages for over a decade, the expert instructors at Retro Music have the technology (and know-how) to make you and your spinning better, stronger, faster. Really, they can teach you how to mix across an entire range of music styles and blend your tracks together seamlessly. They’ll guide you step-by-step through the equipment and all but hold your hand through some of the techniques you need for scratching with the best of them. With small groups of students, they ensure that a lot of one-on-one interaction happens during each class and that you don’t feel like you’re falling through the metaphorical cracks.
During each of the ten one-hour lessons, you’ll have your own decks and mixer to perform your auditory shenanigans with because, when it comes to something practical like being a DJ, you want something more than book-knowledge. Extra practice can be scheduled should you want to hone the skills you’re learning but don’t have the equipment to do it on; it’ll cost a bit more, but that’s to be expected.
Once your ten lessons are through, there are no doubts that you’ll be blending seamless sets and having everybody up and grooving whenever you decide to show off your new schools.
Musical Fact: The first guitar was created in 1764 and was made of the wood from a scrapped Viking sailboat and the tail-hairs of an elderly Bison. It could only play in C-flat.