Pay R2330 instead of R4660 for 2 nights at the Alpine Heath Resort for up to six people (save 50%)
- Save 50% on two nights in an Alpine Heath Resort six-sleeper chalet
- Four star Afro-Swiss style mountain village
- Self-catering chalet
- Perfect trip for a group of friends or a family
- Groupon includes guided hikes daily
- Nestled in the midst of the Northern Drakensburg
- Various activities nearby
- Variety of restaurants available
- Peaceful getaway
- Booking essential: 036 438 8500
- Groupon valid for a maximum of six people (including children)
- Groupon redeemable until the end of August
- Groupon redeemable Monday to Sunday
- Groupon only valid and issued once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of printed Groupon
The term “green” has a variety of definitions. It is said to mean, naïve, jealous and gullible amongst a variety of others. Though, when someone from Kwa-zulu Natal tells you you’re green, they probably mean that you look like the lush landscape in the Northern Drakensburg region. Discover just how much greener the grass is on the other side with today’s deal: two nights for up to six people at Alpine Heath Resort for R2330.
Comfortably snuggled in the Northern Drakensburg, the picturesque setting of the Alpine Heath Resort would make Heidi and the Von Trapp family jealous. Surrounded by crystal clear streams and fresh mountain air, the four star Afro-Swiss designed mountain lodge may just make you want to inhale a large amount of Oxygen and exhale into song and choreographed dance.
Though, if you, like most people, feel that singing to a choreographed dance routine should be reserved for a Bollywood movie, you’ll probably emit a gleeful cry when you discover the wealth of nature embracing activities Alpine Heath and the surrounds have to offer. Horse-riding, zip-line slides and hiking trips are perfect for those seeking to bask in the scenic beauty of the landscape, and if you decide to bring little people along they can engage in child-friendly activities in the Kids WOW Zone.
With the kids happily cocooned in activities, you’ll have time to indulge in some couple-time in lavish restaurants at the Village Square. Of course, if all you wanted was the lazy getaway, you’re more than welcome to lap up the heat and lay yourselves out in front of the fire, sprawled like African straw mats.
Whether you decide to round up a group of friends, or forge your children’s exam results in search of a reason for a family vacation, the country-style resort is perfect for anyone seeking a green getaway from the constraints of the concrete jungle.
Travel Fact: In Switzerland, it is unheard of to go without wearing a pair of sunglasses indoors. Because it is incredibly cold outside, incredibly bright light bulbs are used indoors, to radiate heat as well as to light up the interior.