Pay R299 for a self-expressive and creative Mandala art therapy session at Hands On Retreat, valued at R600 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a self-expressive and creative Mandala art therapy session
- Enjoy a morning of self-expression through Mandala art therapy
- Mandalas is a healing therapy
- Tap into your inner artist during this therapeutic art session
- Tea and muffins will be served
- Professional and friendly therapists
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 011 326 0066
- All equipment for classes will be supplied by Hands On Retreat
- One usable Groupon per person
- Cancellation policy applies
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
Art has been used for centuries to express the artist’s inner thoughts; whether it is of a hippopotamus in a tutu or a cubist block-faced man with his eyes located where his arm is supposed to be. Tap into your inner artist with a self-expressive and creative Mandala art therapy session at Hands On Retreat for R299.
Stretched across the banks of Craighall River, Hands On Retreat is surrounded by 4000m² of lush green trees and vegetation. This boutique guesthouse and retreat epitomises tranquillity with a gentle river flowing through it and an abundance of bird life. Guests have access to both sides of the river to work, meditate or just relax and enjoy nature at one of the many rest spots dotted around the garden. With today’s Groupon you will experience healing through art with Hands On Retreat’s unique Mandala sessions.
Mandala is a special form of drawing using a circle as a framework and was discovered after famous Psychologist Carl Jung noticed that these circular drawings correspond to an individual’s inner feelings, thoughts and situations. Mandalas are therapeutic to draw and to look at and are specifically used for insight, self-expression, healing and transformation. Your Groupon session will begin with an introduction to what a Mandala is and how to draw it, a short relaxation and visualisation exercise and the creating of a Mandala on paper with paint which is supplied. By use of various colours and shapes, the drawer places their personal interpretation and meaning into the Mandala. The Mandala art session will conclude with a voluntary group reflection on the drawn Mandalas to bring deeper insight. The therapist, who is a registered Psychology Counsellor, will help to analyse your Mandala and decipher what it says about your state of mind.
Mandala fact: A Mandala art teacher used a chandelier he found on a deserted island as a metaphor in his Mandala art classes. He said the chandelier represented life, light and happy tigers which are what the Mandala art students should aspire to embody.