Pay R40 for a ticket to see David Wasn’t Built in a Day at Podium, valued at R80 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a ticket to see David Wasn’t Built in a Day
- Off-the-wall comedy
- Celebrated South African comedian
- No-boundaries entertainment
- Answers to questions you didn’t even know you had
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 28 and 29 September 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 0861 670 670 or 0861 703 486
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
Some comedians believe in formula, carefully scripted jokes and well-timed pauses for applause. However, this inside the box theory doesn’t work for everyone and some people don’t even believe there is a box. Experience a night of thinking outside the quadrilateral parallelogram and pay R40 for a ticket to see David Wasn’t Built in a Day at Podium.
David Kibuuka’s own special brand of wit, originality and intellect have graced the silver screens of major film-festivals and stages from Uganda to Krugersdorp, and he’s finally returned to imbue Jozi with a bit of his own unique insanity. No boundaries means that though he might be one of the finest comedy writers in the country, you might find yourself slack-jawed at some of his antics. David Wasn’t Built in a Day showcases some of his most celebrated material and tries to capture some of the chaos and downright madness that makes up his whirlwind life.
This off-the-wall comedy features some of the questions you’ve never known you wanted the answer to; how did Mafred da Mule come to own so many shares in a bike company and why did Humpty Dumpty never become a president are just a few of the questions you’ll be hearing. You’ll also hear a lot of sho sho, navy blue and D-list celebrities.
David boldly boasts that his show goes places that no comedian has ever gone before – and he’s probably right. You’ll laugh yourself into a hilarious daze, but there’s no guarantee that you’ll leave with your sanity or sides intact.
Funny Fact: In the early 1970’s, a man in southern Indonesia created the world’s funniest joke. Though no one can recall what the punch line was, the joke about two cows caused many people to actually crack ribs with laughter.