Pay R495 for a wine-tasting course with Cape Wine Academy, valued at R995 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a wine-tasting course
- Consists of two lectures and a theory exam (not compulsory)
- Introduce yourself to the fascinating subject of wine tasting
- Learn a new hobby or acquire the knowledge to start a new career
- Groupon redeemable for 4 months
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Booking essential: 011 024 3616
- One Groupon per person per visit
- Groupon only valid for evening classes: 18:30 to 21:00
- Groupon only valid for Johannesburg classes at the Michelangelo hotel
- Course dates: 1 September 2011; 10 October 2011; or 16 November 2011
Becoming a superhero requires a birth certificate from a hospital on a different planet or a radioactive spider-bite, and unfortunately, these are quite hard to come by. Unlike the power to shoot lasers from your eyeballs or scale tall buildings, sommelier-esque super-powered taste buds are easy to come by with today’s Groupon: a wine-tasting course with Cape Wine Academy for R495.
If you’ve ever felt left out when the well-cultured guy at the party sprouts a monologue about how oaky the wine’s bouquet is, then today’s Groupon is for you. Don’t just learn the lingo; understand what you’re talking about with the Cape Wine Academy’s special South African Wine Course comprising of two lectures covering theory and practical and an optional written theory exam. As the institution that’s actively involved in shaping South Africa’s wine industry and culture, the lecturers at the Cape Wine Academy sure know their grape from their barrel.
The first lecture explores the five taste sensations with a cause and effect wine tasting and words on varieties/cultivars, storage and service, followed by a tutored white wine tasting workshop. The second lecture leans towards the theory with a class covering winemaking practices and the harvesting of quality wine, and finally a tutored red wine tasting. If the wine enthusiast in you is still enthusing, prove your passion with a 60 minute theory examination covering all the tit bits and grape pips that you learnt during the two lectures. Now that you’ve grappled with grape politics, you can finally become the connoisseur you’ve craved or just the cool guy at the dinner party who knows a thing or two about his favourite tipple.
Fermented fact: The first bottle of wine made in South Africa had to be scrapped after the man who tasted it reported seeing fluffy dragon offspring dancing on the tip of his nose; a clear indicator that the wine was a little too strong.